Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

MX3 FHSS????

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:09 PM
muckute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MX3 FHSS????

Hey dragster, just had a look at both manuals and agree that the BEC voltage of the teu-101 is 7.2v

You may have to look at getting an upgraded esc which will also allow you to run faster motors. The other option is to not use the BEC wire that comes out of the ESC and use a separate battery pack for the reciever, you can also purchase a separate BEC regulator that runs off the battery and reduces the voltage to a safe level

If you are handy with electrical stuff you may be able to put a resistor on the BEC wire and reduce the voltage that way but i would try one of the other options first
Old 02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Ryno88

im upgrading to a mx3 fhss for my mmgt 3.0 and i was wondering if i needed to upgrade to digital servos to use this radio. i've only ever used am and fm radios before and i want a 2.4 ghz. any help is appreciated.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
almtx3

ORIGINAL: Ryno88

im upgrading to a mx3 fhss for my mmgt 3.0 and i was wondering if i needed to upgrade to digital servos to use this radio. i've only ever used am and fm radios before and i want a 2.4 ghz. any help is appreciated.
I definitely recommend it. I tried running an analog servo with my MX3 FHSS and it just didn't feel right. Response was slow and the servo was just not acting properly. Im re-ordering a digital servo to replace the analog one I have now and Im hoping it will make a difference. Ill let you know once its in my car how much of a difference it really makes. My opinion, with the MX3 FHSS dont go with anything less than digital to ensure the best response.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Ryno88

ok thanks. would i only need to upgrade the steering servo, or all 3?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Ryno88

im not going to race it soon either. i just bash it around with my friends' trucks (tmaxx3.3 and revo3.3). its so much faster then both of them. i actually had to turn down the throttle activity to make it fair when we were racing at my friends track(just the 3 of us, grass track in a field on his farm). so what im asking is that sonce im not a hyypercritical racer, would it be ok for me just running the stpck servos now?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 AM
almtx3

ORIGINAL: Ryno88

im not going to race it soon either. i just bash it around with my friends' trucks (tmaxx3.3 and revo3.3). its so much faster then both of them. i actually had to turn down the throttle activity to make it fair when we were racing at my friends track(just the 3 of us, grass track in a field on his farm). so what im asking is that sonce im not a hyypercritical racer, would it be ok for me just running the stpck servos now?
Hey Ryn088 - Since you're just bashing around you'll be allright with the servos you got in the car for now but if you do get the MX3 I highly recommend upgrading to digital servos, atleast the steering. Thats actually what I'm doing. I left the standard analog servo for my throttle and upgraded my steering to a digital. Im on a bit of a budget so I couldn't go all out but I did find this servo.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...GZT1&search=Go

Not too expensive but looks decent enough for my on-road car. Main thing here is that its digital. Since you are running a truck you will probably benefit from a bit more torque.

I attached some info on digital servos for you to read. Its got some good info and it helped me understand the difference between digital vs analog.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help with the radio or anything else.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Xv64726.pdf (244.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Krazy Chicken

hey can some one post a pic of the reciver next to a servo?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:42 AM
jaywax

I just purchased this radio and it seems just as good as the other new radios hitting the market. I sold my Nomadio React and got this radio. Nothing was wrong with the React, I just wanted to try something new. Originally, I was going to get the DX3R, but it felt so cheap when I held it in my hand. I'm glad I went with the Airtronics FHSS MX3. I used to run the FM version a while back and it was great as well. The MX3 is simple and easy to use. There are no gimmicks or tricks. It has just what you need and nothing more.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
misasi

hey guys im interested in possibly upgrading to this radio and i have a few questions. Right now i have an MX-A which i love. Its the same as the MX-3 but its an AM radio. Yea yea i know am is supposed to be junk but this radio works great for me and i have not had a single problem with it. I may have some extra cash soon so i think i may go to the new system. Now my question is with regards to binding the radio and receiver. I think i read that you press a button on the tx and rx and they sync together. do you have to do this each time you run your car? The reason im asking is i don't really want to have to open the receiver box each time my vehicle is powered down and then back up.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Redrider598

Hey Misasi,

Once you bind the radio to the Rx it is set. I have one in my VXL and one in my T-Maxx. The radio can handle up to 18 Rx's. Great radio. I love mine. Just remember to turn on the radio first and select the model number you want. Then turn on the Rx.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 PM
sdp30

What does the ARC setting do on this radio?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Snaut Rocket

Hey guys just got my radio last weekend.
Its an awesome radio.
Can some one tell me though if its able to keep the 3rd channel for rear steering or something.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20489.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	922317  
Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 PM
jaywax

ORIGINAL: sdp30

What does the ARC setting do on this radio?
It adjusts the speed of your servos. For example, I have an Futaba 9452 throttle servo and a STS S21T engine. I have the throttle set to -70 Arc, so that I can control the buggy on the track. When I pull the trigger, it does not have that immediate burst that can cause a lot of wheels and make the back end squirly. I also run a Ace 1015 on the steering and I have it set to -25 Arc because it is so fast, which can cause you to loose control in a turn. Remember (-) slow it down.
A good staring point is -45 on both and see how you like it. If you are racing, it will make a tremendous difference in controlling your vehicle. I promise.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:59 PM
sdp30

Thanks for the info that sounds like a great feature.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:17 AM
TWINBUDS1

I dont get to bind it
Old 09-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,
i am looking at getting a new radio for my 2 (more in the future) rc cars and i've chose the MX-3.
i am wondering what you guys think of this radio, what problems you've had, or any thing you don't like.
another question i had was...what is the range of this radio? (fhss version)
if i get this radio will i have to get digital servos for both cars or with it work the same with my anologe (speeling?) servos.
do any other rx's work with this radio?
thanks,
matt
Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: Matt_Gruizinga

Hi,
i am looking at getting a new radio for my 2 (more in the future) rc cars and i've chose the MX-3.
i am wondering what you guys think of this radio, what problems you've had, or any thing you don't like.
another question i had was...what is the range of this radio? (fhss version)
if i get this radio will i have to get digital servos for both cars or with it work the same with my anologe (speeling?) servos.
do any other rx's work with this radio?
thanks,
matt
I'm in the same position here. Anyone?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:17 PM
helivaguy

i have this radio and chose it over the spektrum because of its brittle antenna,the mx3 has a rubber stub antenna,
i found you can not use hitec servos but futaba and cirrus work great with the mx3 (digital or anaologs).
Old 09-22-2008, 03:59 AM
nitro _ burner

Why not Hitec?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:54 AM
helivaguy

airtronics know this but wont do anything about it,there is some compatibility issue with hitec servos,other than that its a very good radio.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 AM
visionary

Guys what other receivers can I use with this radio ?. Would the spektrum sr3000 work ?.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

will the FM MX-3 work with hitec servos? i'm thinking about a new radio but all i got is hitec servos and i don't have enough money to drop new servos in all my cars
Old 10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Redharris

Hey Guys....
I just bought the MX3 FHSS for my nephews birthday. Got a Killer deal from HOBBY People. $119 + tax for transmitter and rcvr!
I am having trouble Binding it. It takes 2 or 3 tries to bind the Rcvr to the Xmtr and then it works fine.
But when you unplug the rcvr battery (nitro car), the radio looses its BIND.
Sometimes this even happens when you simply turn everything OFF then ON again.
I am probably going to have to Warranty this Radio...

Anybody else experiencing these sorts of problems?