Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

6 volts out of JR 2 channel RX

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:58 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 volts out of JR 2 channel RX

A friend of mine has a JR 2 channel RX in his buggy. When supplied with 6 volts via the power port, it only feeds 4.8 to the servos. If you run the battery to a servo channel it feeds a full 6 volts to the other servo channel. If he had more than 2 channels I would just tell him to plug the battery in on an unused servo port, but with only 2 channels the only way he can feed voltage through a servo port is with a Y connector. Is this OK or will it harm the RX or the servo? Is there a way to mod the JR RX to feed a full 6 volts to the servos while having the battery lead plugged into the battery port. I assume it must just be a resistor or VR in the circuit that can be jumpered, but would like some guidance from anyone with experience if possible. thank you.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6 volts out of JR 2 channel RX

Its fine to feed in the battery with a y harness.... I have no idea why it goes 6 volts in and only 4.8 out, other than perhaps its a 'feature" JR put in since some servos can not handle 6 volts....