Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

replacing receiver antennae

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
tbfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing receiver antennae

I have an older Airtronics AM radio and the receiver antenna got bent very badly and about 6 inches of it broke off. I want to replace it with new wire. I know that it must be the same length. I have not been able to find a replacement "Airtronics" antenna but I have seen some "Futaba" wire. Do you think there would be any difference as long as it was cut to the right length?

Thanks,
tbfoto
Old 01-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Redharris

Default RE: replacing receiver antennae

AM is AM. I'm gonna go out on a Limb here, and say that the futaba AM radio antenna will work fine.
Besides, if you got a failsafe, you will have protection if ,for some reason you loose contact wit the car. LOL it IS a car right? Not a plane or copter? lol. THATS a whole other level of Destruction, in which case I would not take Chances.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 PM
tbfoto

Yes it is an electric car. I dont use a fail safe though.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:42 AM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: tbfoto

I have an older Airtronics AM radio and the receiver antenna got bent very badly and about 6 inches of it broke off. I want to replace it with new wire. I know that it must be the same length. I have not been able to find a replacement "Airtronics" antenna but I have seen some "Futaba" wire. Do you think there would be any difference as long as it was cut to the right length?

Thanks,
tbfoto

It will work fine. The length is the importnant part. Regular AWG 28 wire will do fine too.