Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

need help with an m11

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with an m11

its been about 7 years since i have touched an r/c car and or equipment so please work with me. i have recently purchased a used airtronics m11. now i got the unit without the 2.4 ghz rx and tx. my question is can i still use this remote without the tx and rx units? and if so how do i go about using it? thanx for your help in advance
Old 04-29-2008, 07:24 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: need help with an m11

ORIGINAL: 1ruffryder

its been about 7 years since i have touched an r/c car and or equipment so please work with me. i have recently purchased a used airtronics m11. now i got the unit without the 2.4 ghz rx and tx. my question is can i still use this remote without the tx and rx units? and if so how do i go about using it? thanx for your help in advance
Did it come with the M11 module and rx ?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 AM

no. all i got was the m11 itself. the controller with the wheel and screen.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:32 AM

no. all i got was the m11 itself. the controller with the wheel and screen.
You're telling me there is no receiver or fm module plugged in the back of the transmitter ? If not, were you aware of this ?? If you got neither and it was me, I guess I'd spend the money and get the Spektrum Pro module and a Pro receiver versus going FM. Have the Spek on my M8 and it's flawless. Shop around as prices vary. You could start with Stormer or Ultimate or A-Main. I've gotta say it's strange selling a M11 with no module at all, let alone no rx. Kinda scary having to spend more .. assuming the M11 is good. Anyone you could borrow from to check it ??
Old 04-29-2008, 11:04 PM

i got the remote for 150. and it doesnt have the module plugged into the back. i was wondering what id need to make it work in the meantime.
when i got it i wasnt really aware tho. but the transaction is done and the remote is in transit. i havent been into rc in years so i didnt really have a clue that the tx unit was needed for the remote. i assumed it jus worked like the older models i had. on the old one i had al i needed was to change the crystals n i was ready to go
Old 04-30-2008, 05:35 AM

i got the remote for 150. and it doesnt have the module plugged into the back. i was wondering what id need to make it work in the meantime.
when i got it i wasnt really aware tho. but the transaction is done and the remote is in transit. i havent been into rc in years so i didnt really have a clue that the tx unit was needed for the remote. i assumed it jus worked like the older models i had. on the old one i had al i needed was to change the crystals n i was ready to go
Any friends of yours have an M8 or M11 ?? If not, any tracks close by. I'm thinkin, have some one plug their module in yours and test on their car. If all that is a NO, then poss a hobby shop could ck it. You only have a couple of choices .. FM module and rx Or Spektrum module and rx. I'd feel alot better knowing the M11 was GOOD 1st. Your a tad too far away to try mine .. lol.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: nomobux

Any friends of yours have an M8 or M11 ?? If not, any tracks close by. I'm thinkin, have some one plug their module in yours and test on their car. If all that is a NO, then poss a hobby shop could ck it. You only have a couple of choices .. FM module and rx Or Spektrum module and rx. I'd feel alot better knowing the M11 was GOOD 1st. Your a tad too far away to try mine .. lol.
no noone at all this kinda sucks. i do have an old airtronics cx2p module and reciever but i dont think they would be compatible. id have to see when it arrives
Old 04-30-2008, 10:05 AM

So you don't have the M11 yet ??? You're sure no module. strange to be sold that way
Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 AM

So you don't have the M11 yet ??? You're sure no module. strange to be sold that way
i bought it used for 150 no module.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 AM

well then it's a matter of what you want to spend ... airtronics mod/rx .. novak xtra mod/rx .. spektrum mod/rx
Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 AM

well then it's a matter of what you want to spend ... airtronics mod/rx .. novak xtra mod/rx .. spektrum mod/rx
i kinda jus need it for the basics n for when i go out with friends, was 150 a good price? any recomendations for my need?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 AM

i kinda jus need it for the basics n for when i go out with friends, was 150 a good price? any recomendations for my need?
You should have looked into this more . You are kinda trapped now. 2 options , try and sell it and buy a new system or this http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=SPM1002!1002&color=N%2FA&size=N%2 FA&subsize= << 'bout as good and cheap as you'll get