Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Digital Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 PM
zonda4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Radio Problem

I just bought a used jr xr3 radio. I got everything hooked up and the throttle servo operates perfectly but the steering servo is not working. It will only steer a little when turned left and it does not steer at all when turned right. This is my first digital radio but I have played around with the trims and travel adjustment with no success. I also swapped servos and receivers and the same thing happens. Im stumped any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:28 AM
systemlord

Default RE: Digital Radio Problem

Before you ever install a servo arm, you must turn on the radio so the servo centers itself. Then you attach the servo arm, I had to reduce servo travel on both my steering & throttle servo. How much does the steering servo arm turn in degree's, most servos are 45 degree's. You can order gears to make them 90, 180 or 360 degree's.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
zonda4life

I'll admit I did turn on the radio without thinking about it, but I quickly turned it off and took off both servo arms so that the servos could center. I know that the steering servo is not damaged because if I plug it into the throttle input on the receiver it will operate normally! And if I plug the throttle servo into steering it will not turn right(pun?). Im not sure but it must not be the gears if the servo operates fine as the throttle. It seems very likely that it is a radio problem but I cannot figure it out. Thank you for the help.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:32 PM
rcktpwrd

have you reset all the settings to factory spec?
sounds like the steering settings were set up for something specific and only allowing a certain limited amount of movement... noted by the same effect on both servos... try looking up the manual on JR's web site if you don't have one..
Old 06-03-2008, 05:17 PM
zonda4life

Yes I have reset it to default. It must be a defective radio I will have to send it in or try to return it. Thanks for the help though.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:23 PM
rcktpwrd

ahh... sounds like it might just be a defective radio or receiver... [:@]

maybe you can get it fixed under warranty
Old 06-03-2008, 09:05 PM
zonda4life

Yeah unfortunately the guy I bought it from claims it is set up for oval racing and this is why it won't turn right. I have reset it to factory settings and made sure the steering travel is set to 100% left and right..it hasn't changed.