Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

FM radio interference

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:21 PM
4wdracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FM radio interference

I have a JR rs 310 reciever and a JR xr3i remote. I have recently been experienceing some extreme interference problems. I used to have it on my kyosho sp2 and in certain areas on the track I would have some interference. Now the system is in my rc10b4 with novak GTB 6.5 and it is pointless to drive it. Everytime I go out I break something do to an interference. Is there something I can do to limit interference or do I have to shell out $250.00 just to drive my r/c for the spektrum dsm? Sorry, I am a bit aggravated as I just returned from the track and I'm unable to race tonight because of the interference problems.

Random info: track is located on a hill next to a few residential houses, possible interference from the appliances or radios?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Airbus 9e

Default RE: FM radio interference

If it's the older style that uses a crystal, check to make sure it's seated all the way into the holder.....Maybe change channels and see if that helps....the crystal may be damaged...Something else is to make sure your battery has a good charge....The amp draw from a 6.5 might draw the voltage down enough to cause the radio to cut out....I know some guys the run 13.5 motors that run a separate Rx pack to avoid this problem...
Old 08-30-2009, 03:23 PM
4wdracer

I switched out the crystals to a different channell using new ones from the lhs and it did not fix the problem. I went ahead and bit the bullet and picked up a dx3s spektrum with sr300 reciever off ebay. Hopefully this fixes the problem!!

P.S. thanks for the help.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Hijikata

I had a problem where my servos would just start twitching when ever the motor was running, what it ended up being was my throttle and brake linkage rattling and apparenlty that interferes with the 27MHz range really bad (I could hear it on my CB).

I will be switching to 2.4GHz shortly. I have had to park the car for this reason
Old 09-30-2009, 05:45 PM
rendezvous944
Banned

I suspect it's the ESC. Some ESc require to run a seperate battery for the RX with real hot motors. This happens when you run less than 20T motors.