RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car Radio Equipment (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-radio-equipment-201/)
-   -   Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-radio-equipment-201/11110476-broke-antenna-wire-flysky-gt3b-any-suggestions.html)

nazUK 06-07-2012 02:55 PM

Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?!

<div itemprop="commentText" class="post entry-content " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); line-height: 1.6; font-size: 14px; "><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">Hi</span>
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">Toke my truck out today for a run and found it was losing signal and cutting off.</span>
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">I previously opened my transmitter for doing some mods but accidentally broke the wire from the transmitter circuit board, I did solder it back on and all seemed fine but when I toke it out today when it goes about 50 yards away it stops moving, engine still running, and as soon as I walk closer it starts moving but all this is still very temperamental.</span>
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">Diagnosed the problem and put it down to the the aerial.</span>
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">I'm presuming I need to re-solder it but should I be soldering it a certain way or should I buy another wire or could I use something new in it's place to make it better?</span>

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">Thanks</span></div><div class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_1422348" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; float: right; font-size: 11px; "></div><ul id="postControlsNormal_1422348" class="post_controls clear clearfix" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 6px; list-style: none; clear: both; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; "> <li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; float: right; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; ">Quote <li class="multiquote" id="multiq_1422348" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; float: right; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; ">MultiQuote <li class="post_edit" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; float: right; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; ">Edit <div></div> <li class="report" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; float: right; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; ">[/list]

Foxy 06-08-2012 01:41 AM

RE: Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?!

You should use the original wire (or a wire from a receiver cut to EXACTLY the same length as the original before it was cut) and probably a high silver content solder just to be safe (I'm not sure how much good quality solder would help to be honest, but it's what I would do to minimize risk of the solder being the problem). Did you cut the original wire when you soldered it back on the first time? If so, this is why you have range problems. FHSS aerials have to be specific lengths, there are several lengths that work, but lengths in between cause signal degradation, it's got something to do with signal wavelength, I'm not really sure the of science behind it. If you do end up needing to replace the antenna, you will need the right type of wire, and I have no idea personally where you could find it. www.modelsport.co.uk and www.apexmodels.com (both UK) both sell the exact same unit under the Ansmann brand, you'll find it in their online catalogues. It might be worth giving them a ring and asking if they can help at all. They may even have a dead unit they can send you for spares.