Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

hobao hyper VSe 1/8 buggy video: many flips, many crashes. quintuple backflip ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

hobao hyper VSe 1/8 buggy video: many flips, many crashes. quintuple backflip ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 01:08 PM
werner sline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobao hyper VSe 1/8 buggy video: many flips, many crashes. quintuple backflip ?

i bought this hobao hyper vse buggy and thought why not make some backflips with this thing !
hobao hyper vse roller : 250USD
my previous videos ( buggy tricktionary 2017 ) show a double backflip. so i thought hey let's try a triple backflip !
and guess what : it went beyong what i expected ! i let you do the count ! be warned, this videos show many flips !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c4RrCoeM2PA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you may want to know if the hobao did a good job : yes it did !!
- no arms broke ! no wing mount broke ! no diff box broke !
but :
some dogbones bent on hard impacts ; i had to hammer them back! - i had to put longer screws to help holding the plastic hingepins holder. so i ordered the aluminium hop up parts
- the body was ripped apart by the tires expending on 5s lipo
- a piston in a shock broke, a shock rod end broke
- the front shocktower bent a bit, i could hammer it back!

so no big deal for me. some reknown and TWICE more expensive buggies i have bashed broke before the hobao hyper vse !
so i'm overall really happy with this buggy. i have some more silly things to film with this car.

you may wonder why it steered to the left or to the right when it was doing the quintuple backflip : that's because of the soft servo saver. yes, there is so much force involved when the tires turn at high speed that it may steer by itself ! i will modify the servo saver to make it stiffer we will then see if it backflips better !!

Last edited by werner sline; 01-30-2018 at 01:13 PM.