Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

RC Bridge Jump Video!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 12:21 AM
bigair78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Bridge Jump Video!!!

ORIGINAL: ninjaspeed

LosiFan Date 5/13/2004 6:05:15 PM
It would've been a lot less hastle if you just thrown it off the bridge.
What is the fun in that?
Thats like saying why dont you race by pulling it around with a string!

Glad someone gets it. Thanks ninjaspeed, good point.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:21 AM
bigair78

ORIGINAL: Overalnd

Whoa, I am sorry if you misunderstood me but I would NEVER even think about jumping my BL Mini-T, or any other of my r/c vehicles, just to see them break!

You missed the point. The purpose was to jump it off the ramp. I had hopes of landing it. But it was to get some good footage and have a little fun. If it broke then I would have still had fun and got good footage. Parts are cheap to fix the rustler I knew it wouldnt be to bad. It was a calculated risk.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:27 AM
bigair78

ORIGINAL: Overalnd

Whoa, I am sorry if you misunderstood me but I would NEVER even think about jumping my BL Mini-T, or any other of my r/c vehicles, just to see them break!

Like I said, some people race and some bash. I choose to bash, that's what I love to do with my rc's. I get to jump them during intermissions at Monster Jams in front of large crowds. The crowds love to see me fly through the air. When you bash like I do you get use to breaking stuff to the point of not letting it bother you anymore. It's about pushing your truck to the limit and seeing what it can do. It's not really any competition like racing but it's still fun. As you can see most people on here enjoyed the video. And out of all the places I've posted only a few negatives. The negatives comes mainly from conservative people that really don't understand the meaning of going extreme.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:28 AM
LosiFan

As long as you enjoy beating up your rigs like that, that's all that matters. It's just not something I would do, I work hard for my money which also goes toward supporting my Family. I like to keep my rigs clean and sturdy but that doesn't stop me from racing every weekend. No hard feelings towards anybody here.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:34 AM
bigair78

ORIGINAL: LosiFan

As long as you enjoy beating up your rigs like that, that's all that matters. It's just not something I would do, I work hard for my money which also goes toward supporting my Family. I like to keep my rigs clean and sturdy but that doesn't stop me from racing every weekend. No hard feelings towards anybody here.

All my hobbies are funded by selling old crap laying around the house that I'm not using. I put it on ebay and then into my rc fund. My wife wouldn't let me take money out of my checking for bashing like I do. I have to sell something before I buy something, that was the aggrement before I got back into the hobby. I have an xxx4 that broke on me the second day I got it. Got to sell some stuff so I can get a new chassis.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:08 AM
r82

Im not sure which side im on here..

i visited a site/forum where the only purpose they have for their cars is to destory them.
I think we all have a destructive "DO IT!! DO IT!!" part in us.

Either way.. My suggestion would be..

If your going to do it.
1. Put some explosives on it. Make it dramatic!! Have it land in a pool of fire!

2. add a parachute.
Doubt it would open on time. But if it did, and you drove away. That would be cool.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:05 AM
bigair78

ORIGINAL: r82

Im not sure which side im on here.. Destroy for the sake of destroying.. or "your stupid for doing that"

i visited a site/forum where the only purpose they have for their cars is to destory them.
I think we all have a destructive "DO IT!! DO IT!!" part in us.

Either way.. My suggestion would be..

If your going to do it.
1. Put some explosives on it. Make it dramatic!! Have it land in a pool of fire!

2. add a parachute.
Doubt it would open on time. But if it did, and you drove away. That would be cool.
Again, let me say. I was not really trying to destroy it. I had all the hopes of landing it and hopefully driving away. If I wanted to destroy it I would've done like someone said and just throw it off as hard as I could. Or I could have just jumped it in the river that was 30ft away.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Duffer

my god you nut keep up the good work glad to see the rusty will live to see another day lol [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-14-2004, 10:30 PM
iliketobreakthings

Im thinking about getting a brushless system sooner or later... but was wondering my car can only handle down to a 15 turn at the moment.. does the novak system come with everything to make it faster (in other words do i just solder in the esc and motor or do i have to but other crap) my other question is it too fast* ( *i like fast but i dont want my car to do a huge wheelie from gently tapping the trigger

thanks for your help (ps loved your video)
Old 05-14-2004, 10:49 PM
RC Maniac

Bigair,
Keep the vids coming! There always has to be a few jack*****es out there to ruin somebodys fun.[:@] Obviously, you put a lot of time and effort into this. I enjoyed it, so hats off to ya.
To all of the haters... QUIT!! This was his money, his car, his time and most of all HIS POST. If you didn't like it, then move on and leave us bashers alone. I love to race and I love to bash. If I want to tear my R/Cs up, then that's my business. You learn alot from bashing. You have to learn how to fix them you know.[>:]
Old 05-15-2004, 05:21 AM
Jocke88

What an awful video, the filming was really bad, lots of shake and the camera was all over the place. I didnt find it entertaining to watch in the slightest...and perhaps you need to hone your driving skills a bit...the ramp wasnt that small[>:]
What would have been cool was if you tried to land it nicely...instead of just driving it off ( with difficulty i may add) a ramp...anyone can do that!
Old 05-15-2004, 07:24 AM
RC Maniac

ORIGINAL: Jocke88

What an awful video, the filming was really bad, lots of shake and the camera was all over the place. I didnt find it entertaining to watch in the slightest...and perhaps you need to hone your driving skills a bit...the ramp wasnt that small[>:]
What would have been cool was if you tried to land it nicely...instead of just driving it off ( with difficulty i may add) a ramp...anyone can do that!
Geez, you might want to read the other posts before running your PIE HOLE!!!![sm=punching.gif] Do you people just want others to stop posting videos all together.
I tell ya what. Why don't you people put together a video review councel to pre-view all vids before they can be posted in the forums. The only ones that can be posted are the ones that YOU like.[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 05-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Overalnd

Jocke88, I completely agree with you
Old 05-15-2004, 08:48 AM
frailcow

Overland....just to see it break? Nothing even broke!

bigair78...I'm glad I found this vid here, it got deleted off the rustler forum before I got a chance to watch it. It'll be great to see the potential of your videos when everything is in full working order. Maybe you could also do an edited version with all the misses cut out so the people with slower connections can check out what you are up to as well.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:18 AM
bigair78

Thanks for the support guys. RCManiac you're right, no one reads the other posts. They just see it and think man what a bad driver. I assure you no one could control that thing correctly. The throttle and steering response was terrible as I said earlier. Not to mention the steering being reversed.

frailcow, the video is also posted over at beatyourtruck.com. They edited out alot of it and made it shorter(worse to me). But it is only like 2.2 mb's now. So if any dial-up users want to see go there.

Jocke88, Like I said in an eariler post also. You pasted judgement really fast as if you have something alot better to show. So, if that's the case feel free to post and let us pick it apart. This is the reason I mainly post on other forums. Stupid comments by people such as yourself. So, to the people who like the videos all the rest of them will be posted at another site from now on. Pm me if you want to know the site.

Also, everyone(other than the two that don't seem to get it) should check out my other videos. I posted a link on the other page.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:23 AM
bigair78

ORIGINAL: iliketobreakthings

Im thinking about getting a brushless system sooner or later... but was wondering my car can only handle down to a 15 turn at the moment.. does the novak system come with everything to make it faster (in other words do i just solder in the esc and motor or do i have to but other crap) my other question is it too fast* ( *i like fast but i dont want my car to do a huge wheelie from gently tapping the trigger

thanks for your help (ps loved your video)
Yes the novak will be ready to go just mount it on you truck. Yeah, it's fast. I love my novak as well as my lehner system. As far as wheelies, the slipper clutch as well as shock settings can control most of that. Thanks for watching my video.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Jocke88

Im in the process of making a video, probably get done by mid summer seeing as im right in exam period, but believe me it will be a lot more entertaining than watching u "drive" your car off a bridge LOL...god the idea just cracks me up!
In fact all this has inspired me....hmm...yes, I think ill just get a friend to film me running my rc over with my car...should make some great watching! This forum si for us all to express our views and that is exactly what we all are doing, I found the video boring, pointless and badly made...my point of view and I stand by it![8D]
Old 05-16-2004, 09:26 PM
RC Maniac

I found the video boring, pointless and badly made...my point of view and I stand by it![8D]
Well mannered people know that if you don't have anything nice to say, then maybe you shouln't say anything at all. Right?
Old 05-16-2004, 10:31 PM
bigair78

Im in the process of making a video, probably get done by mid summer seeing as im right in exam period, but believe me it will be a lot more entertaining than watching u "drive" your car off a bridge LOL...god the idea just cracks me up!
In fact all this has inspired me....hmm...yes, I think ill just get a friend to film me running my rc over with my car...should make some great watching! This forum si for us all to express our views and that is exactly what we all are doing, I found the video boring, pointless and badly made...my point of view and I stand by it![8D]

Cant wait to see your video. And like Rcmanic said if I don't like it you'll never know. Guess you were never taught proper manners. Not that I even care what you think and all, but I would like to touch a few thing. For anyone that is getting ready to make a video. It's really not as easy as it looks. The main problem I have ran into is finding someone that can film. Usually it's never the same person twice so each time I have someone that has never really used a camcorder before. Which in turn gives you the jumpy look. IMO, that's no big deal. See I make them to be entertaining for me and a few select websites. I have lots of people that like them and I get lots of emails each day about them. So to be have someone that is "in the process of making a video" give it bad review means very little to me. Could I have done some things differently in the video, sure. Could I have changed out all the damaged stuff before I made the jump, sure. But i like what I did and 98% of the people that has viewed in the last week have too. So you are the small percentage that will never get it. Good luck to you and if you haven't seen my other videos you should really check them out. There are alot of others that are IMO better than the bridge jump. Those videos will show some real bashing. Not that you'll get that either. The link is in the post up above.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:32 AM
Jocke88

This is not about manners at all. I have the right to give my opinion and I plan on doing so. There are several good videos on this site, which have required both time and effort from their creators. In this case, there is no skill involved...just drive a truck off a bridge and watch it hit the ground with enter sandeman in the background, how entertaining! There is no theme, no goal nothing. If you had taken your truck, hit the ramp with speed, landed it and driven on I would be very impressed. However, this is far from the case. And you say that your car isnt working, fine....but why make a video? Why not wait and make something really good. Im taking my time with my video, finding out suitable music, roads, car setup, camera angles and so on. Im always thinking of ideas etc. It just seems to me that you just wanted to get a video up on the net just for the sake of it and that has consequences ie my opinion!
Have a nice day[8D]
Old 05-17-2004, 09:33 AM
bigair78

This is not about manners at all. I have the right to give my opinion and I plan on doing so. There are several good videos on this site, which have required both time and effort from their creators. In this case, there is no skill involved...just drive a truck off a bridge and watch it hit the ground with enter sandeman in the background, how entertaining! There is no theme, no goal nothing. If you had taken your truck, hit the ramp with speed, landed it and driven on I would be very impressed. However, this is far from the case. And you say that your car isnt working, fine....but why make a video? Why not wait and make something really good. Im taking my time with my video, finding out suitable music, roads, car setup, camera angles and so on. Im always thinking of ideas etc. It just seems to me that you just wanted to get a video up on the net just for the sake of it and that has consequences ie my opinion!
Have a nice day[8D]

Like I said coming from someone that is "in the process of making a video". You opinion means very little to me. I have had great reviews from people who make great videos so yours doesn't hold water. And yes, I still say rcmanic was correct if you don't have anything good to say then dont say it. That's manners. Good luck and pm me when you get finished with you video.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Chris (MA)

Default If you want to give money away

I have a paypal account you can deposit funds into, I could do with about $500 so if you could send it right away I would appreciate it....

[X(]
Old 05-17-2004, 01:05 PM
bigair78

Default RE: If you want to give money away

once again , great reply.[>:] read the whole thread before you reply.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:01 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Lame crashing off a Bridge Video!!!

a real people person aren't ya
Old 05-17-2004, 05:14 PM
bigair78

Default RE: Lame crashing off a Bridge Video!!!

ORIGINAL: scale_only_4_me-RCU

a real people person aren't ya
yes i am, just fed up with rude people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.