Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

Help Me With MY camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:03 PM
nitro_D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me With MY camera

hi,
i have a sony digital video camera, one that use those small kinda cassete tapes. what do i need to be able to upload it to my computer and whats a good video editor (free) that'll work on windows 2000. thanks for your help
Old 06-28-2004, 09:26 PM
kapowboyz

Default RE: Help Me With MY camera

hi
well this don't usually come up for people asking for help but from my limited knowledge of what i know about cameras is that you need to get:
1)A wire that will connect from your camera to a usb port or something like a firewire (it helps to know what camera you have also you might have gotten one with your camera) heres a [link=http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=Z_bkvaqFPL_k1epltszutuWKil-srcDBRrI=?CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_DIAccessor ies_Cables&Dept=dcc_DICamcorders]link[/link]
2)If you have a dell you might already have windows movie maker on your computer("comploper" for younger childern). Go to Start:Programs:Acessories:Windows movie maker It is pretty decent and it makes windows media player movies.
(also try this [link=http://www.free-software-downloads.org/freeware-multimedia/video-tools.htm]link[/link])
Old 06-29-2004, 07:21 AM
hitman45

Your camera is a DV cam. DV stands for Digital Video and thats what type of casettes it uses. (Yes the small ones)

You will need a USB or Firewire cable connecting for your camera to your USB/Firewire port on your computer. But you will need to use your drivers disk that came with your camera to setup your camera...

As for the "free" editor, like kapowboyz said. You can use Windows Movie Maker, or try Google or Yahoo to search for a 'free' program. Its PRETTY hard to find a free editor program, but there are hundreds of programs that allow you to use a free trial of their products...but eventually that will run out. Hehe.

Anyways! You disk that came with your camera should come with a movie editor program on it. And plus a program that allows you to put the movie on VCD or DVD.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:13 AM
humanmachinehead

i have a sony digital *mm handy cam, i also have a laptop, now i've never put videos on here, but to get my stuff on my computer to edit it, i had to buy a firewire cable, 4to6 pin, and a firwire card so that i can attached the cord to the computer, my camera and computer came with pretty low end editing, so check you computer, u might ahve one and not know it, that's about all i know to tell u

sorry about the $h!tty spelling
Old 06-29-2004, 09:11 PM
nitro_D

ok thanks i'll try it and put a vid of my cars maybe