Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Classic Cars & Trucks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Hilux 58028 ESC measurements really needed! Lower mech box STL available.

Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Tamiya Hilux 58028 ESC measurements really needed! Lower mech box STL available.

Old 04-06-2024, 04:05 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tamiya Hilux 58028 ESC measurements really needed! Lower mech box STL available.

I have created a stl for printing the lower half of the mechanism box for the Hilux kit and the Blazer. I have made it available free, and a user on Cults 3d has already created the top half listed for a few bucks and it prints well. I may add my own top half design at some point. With the entire truck/blazer being built around the mechanism box and the tabs breaking like crazy there have to be allot of incomplete trucks with this part broken or missing.

LINK TO MECH BOX STL HERE: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6507228

Note* This is a "close enough" version but I have a corrected one (from an original half) and a heavy duty one that is stronger and has external servo outputs to eliminate the slop and the need for the complicated Tamiya servo savers and brackets. I should have those posted on there soon.

I would also like to create a copy of the ESC that sits next to the trans. I figure it would make a nice housing to hold a modern ESC. I have pics and can get close on dimensions but if someone can hook me up with some measurements please reply here, that would be a huge help.
Old 04-11-2024, 03:48 AM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An updated and finished version of the mech box has been posted.