Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

B size combt plane!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

B size combt plane!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 04:35 PM
JuniorPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B size combt plane!

What would you suggest for me to make (I want a SPAD) I haven't been able to decide by looking at them, I'm looking for one that doesn't use 2mil since i can't get any! :P BUt right now I am building one of those Flat PBFs and just want somehting to build later!
Old 09-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Demon

Default RE: B size combt plane!

Since you only have access to 4mm, I suggest you go with the QHOR:
http://www.spadtothebone.com/SPAD/Qhor/

Good luck!
D
Old 10-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need 2 mm coroplast go to Harbor Sales. They will ship ups after they cut a 4X8 sheet to your specs. I just ordered a sheet cut into 2X4 pieces total cost shipped to me just $15.92. They take your order over the phone and are familiar with the needs of our hobby, very nice people too. That will open up your choices of planes to build with 2mm wings. Their web site www.harborsales.net
Old 10-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

On the SPAD originals page, the only pure 4mil B combat design seems to be the Defender. You don't have to stick to known designs, though. Sift through the data, pick a wing design that you think you can build, a fuse design from another plane, and stick them together.

You can build an RNAF (Dogfighter) style wing out of 4mil. It's not as easy to do as it is with 2mil, but if you crease the snot out of it at the leading edge, and have a helper, flat table, board, and lots of clamps, you can do it. I've also folded a simple Debut-style wing with 4mil. It wasn't easy, and you may want to consider using mechanical fasteners like zip ties to hold the trailing edge together. The wing feels like it'll take any amount of abuse, though.

The QHOR isn't a very good plane for streamer combat, if that's what you're up to. It's more adept at hover sumo. No offense, Demon
Old 10-03-2003, 09:12 AM
stdun

I've never used 2mil coro, only 4 mil and have built LOTS of different spads. My step son flys the v-tail spad very successfully (1st place this season) and I fly a 4' wing, 28'' fuse with healthy tail feathers. Because of the 4mil we both use os46fx motors and they scream. The most important thing is to start building and never quit. Every time you build you learn, it's a blast.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:18 PM
kramer
My Feedback: (61)

I have several all 4mm planes go to the spad home page and look up my stinger plans or my rail plans or check out my sight for pics and info