Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Indestructable plane?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Indestructable plane?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 09:58 PM
rdalcanto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indestructable plane?

I move to Ohio, and can no longer use my slope soaring Zagi for hours of combat with no damage. I wonder if there is a glow wing/plane I could use that will allow the same thing here. I don't want to deal with the short flight times of electrics. I was thinking of strapping a 0.06 glow to the Zagi, but the prop would cut another Zagi too much. Has anyone attached a AP 0.06 to a fan unit? Other planes or ideas?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 07-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Actually, if you're going for full-contact, electric is the only way to go. Think about it for a second; with slope foamie combat, you could smack into someone and continue flying. With a glow-powered foamie, when you smack into someone the engine almost always quits.

Electric motors can be restarted as many times as you want.

Glow powered combat is generally done with streamers on the tail, except for some nut case exceptions. I don't know what the fascination is with it when the "victor" almost always ends up deadsticking to the ground along with the loser.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:10 AM
gunfighter
My Feedback: (1)

That may be considered indestructable in your area and against slow flying electric planes. Let's see how it does against "REAL" combat planes like the Bandit, Avenger or even a dogfighter. One hit from any of the above would make lots of little foam snowflakes!

Go to an RCCA event and try some "REAL" combat!
Old 07-24-2002, 04:58 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

If you are thinking electric why not also consider indoor. If you are going to consider indoor then the nothing is as indestructible as the IFO. The frame is carbon fiber and most guys cover them with rip stop. I have seen several midair collisions in a local gym and the IFO always comes out on top.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:52 PM
flybike

The ifo www.flyifo.com is a lot of fun. I have the mini ifo, it weighs 5 ounces, and it just bounces is you hit something. the carbon in front of the prop saves the prop and if you hit another plane, the prop doesn't do any damage. If you are hooked on the sound and speed of glow, the ifo probably isn't your ideal plane. But if you like to fly down hallways at a high angle of attack at 2 mph, pulling 4 foot diameter loops, check it out. The outside frame is all carbon fiber, and you can cover it with either nylon or reynolds wrap from your local grocery store. It makes a pretty good trainer, too. If you drill it into the ground, just pick it up and fly again, like a zagi. I can get about 12 minute flights, more if throttle is used sparingly. Hovering looks great with a plane this small. just my 2c Hans