Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Mid-Atlantic Combat????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Mid-Atlantic Combat????

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 06:00 AM
HavingFun2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mid-Atlantic Combat????

I'm good for at least 2 SSC ships (Ripper and Bandito), don't laugh. Also, 3 B ships, all Skull Bandits.

During a test flight last weekend I lost one of the planes, the new Skull Bandit, in the wind (20-30 MPH). Went into a pile of rocks. Not much left, so I'm minus one plane. Bummer.

I'll be there at about 11:00 AM.

This is Dave, by the way.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Montague

That sucks about losing a plane in to some rocks like that.

It's looking more and more like we might have as many as 8-9 pilots in SSC and 5-7 in B class, though we won't know until everyone actually shows up. Still, looks like a pretty good turnout.

And I expect a bigger turnout at the next contest in May, since a couple of new guys don't have their planes done yet, but should have them ready for the 2nd contest.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Montague

Hey guys,

The forecast for Saturday is calling for a high chance of rain in the morning, but it should all have passed the area by about noon. So I expect that even if it looks a bit wet in the morning that we will still have no problems getting the contest in. We might wind up starting a little late to give guys time to get trim flights in and such, but I'm sure there will be plenty of time to at least get the SSC in, if not the entire contest. So, please don't decide to stay home if it looks a little grey in the morning. I'll be at the field no matter what, so you can call me on my cell phone if you want an updated weather report.

See you Saturday!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Montague

May 13th is the next contest at FSA. That's Saturday, starting at noon. I'm sure we will do better than lsat time, weather wise.