Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Kramer Combat ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Kramer Combat ARF

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 05:07 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kramer Combat ARF

Started putting my Kramer Combat ARF together today. Of course I can't leave well enough alone! Current mods are: dual under wing aileron servos, adding a working rudder, light weight landing gear, and a ST .40 up front with an 8oz. tank. I'm also converting to a bolt (nylon) on wing. Trying to get it ready for Sunday. Has anyone done any of these mods and how did they work out? Any info would be appreciated!
Old 12-13-2002, 05:35 PM
sheepy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to put the aileron servos on top, just so they are easier to see when the model is on the ground. Its amazing how clevises can come loose etc. This way if something is hosed, you have a better chance of noticing. Also the linkages won't tend to get caught in weeds and possibly get damaged. Horns could catch in the grass and tear off an aileron. The dual servo idea is good though. If you do a bolt on wing, you will also want to tether the wing to the fuselage. nylon bolts break much easier than rubberbands. You will end up with a lawn dart if you get mid-aired in the wing. If you tether the wing on, it will break the bolt, and probably absorb most of the energy from the hit, and then the wing will act like a parachute to slow the plane down.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:42 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ailerons are already on the bottom. I used 2 bolts and a front lip system to mount the wing. Right now I'm just looking to have some fun, maybe later I'll do combat. Our club is not real big on combat. We do have one guy who wants to try it though. He is flying a delta style with an OS .40la. I think my ST .40 might leave him behind! I also added light weight wire landing gear so that should prevent things getting caught in the linkage. I'll post a picture later.