Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Pica Glu-it 2-it

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Pica Glu-it 2-it

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 10:50 PM
midair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pica Glu-it 2-it

I was on georgiacombat.com and was looking at the Boeing XF8B Kit Construction and they mentioned Pica Glu-it 2-it to glue in fiberglass rods. I was wondering...

Who is selling it?

How much does it cost?

How well does it actually stick to fiberglass rods?
Old 02-17-2003, 08:46 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default Pica Glu-it 2-it

Try www.picaweb.com
Old 02-18-2003, 03:16 AM
Lou Melancon

Default Pica Glu-it 2-it

Hi Midair,
It sticks well to glass rods. I used it in the fuse and wing rods of the Bearcat and Boeing. Is it better than Elmer Probond? Don't know yet as I haven't midaired those planes yet.

I really like Pica's glues and use Gluit, Acrylic Copolymer (Gluit-2-it), and HD 601 on most of my planes. All three are very easy to sand with no "rubbery" feel to them. They are hard but have such a high solid content that they sand easily.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:13 PM
midair

Default Pica Glu-it 2-it

I hope it sticks to fiberglass rods good because that's what I plan on using. I don't like mixing up epoxy and then having to get it into the slot and on the rods. It is just a mess. I was looking for a one part glue that I could just sqeeze into the slot and twirl the rod a little and call it good. I know gorilla glue works, but you have to hold the rod in place because it expands and could push the rod out of the slot. I heard that yellow wood glue does not stick to fiberglass rods real well.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Seimberg
My Feedback: (8)

Default Pica Glu-it 2-it

Hi Midair,
It was fun combatting w/ you last week. I use Pro-Bond Poly Glue on my foam wings. I put only a very, very small bead of it in the spar slot, then I put the fiberglass rod in the slot, and then put a much heavier bead of glue on top of the rod. Right away after this, I put a strip of Bi-Di tape over it. This way, when the Pro-Bond expands, it pushes the spar down farther into the slot, and the bi-di tape ensures that the Pro-Bond doesn't expand up (at least not enough to hurt anything). Works good for me, and once the Bi-Di tape is on top, it's done, no need to worry about the f/g rod shifting or popping out of the slot! Take care.