Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

.15 engine in my HOR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

.15 engine in my HOR

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:02 AM
mrfx2001
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .15 engine in my HOR

Mr. Barron,
There is a Real problem with Real cheap products. Usually, they are real crummy. I would surf these forums and see what the buzz products are. The top products are always a matter of discussion. I feel you might have to come to the conclusion that you will have to let go of about $40. to $50. bucks US. I have bought on this site, 3ea. Magnum .15 engines, two them new in box and one that had less than a tank of fuel run (you can tell by the top of the piston discoloration) through it and needed a rod. The engine has ball bearings which means long life (barring crashes). I have nothing but good things to say about this engine. (The $40-$50 included shipping.) If you want to spend more, there are engines that are well over $100. that really perform. I do realize that cheap is the issue and if swapping or used equipment does not concern you, check the posted adds. Use the keyword search like a brand or the displacement. Hope this helps.
Fred
Old 03-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Red_barron419

ok, yeah, i was recently told that Norvel makes some pretty sweet .15s, i hear that they about 60 buck, i am 1, so my budget is REALY LOW, but i will look around for some good deals

thanks

Erik J
Old 03-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Montague

Default RE: RE: .15 engine in my HOR

Yeah, the bushing Norvel is quite a light weight powerhouse. The muffler mounting sucks thoguh. Just a spring clip, no screws.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:11 PM
mrfx2001

I also have 3 of the .15s by Norvel. Yes the muffler mount stinks but I think it is no longer an issue as I demonstrated in the second page of this thread. I kind of like the bearings being ball but if weight is an issue the Norvel has them beat. If cost is a issue, you will find more of the Magnum engines for sale than the Norvel and at a lesser price. This is my latest effort with one of the Norvels and was just finished Sunday. The wing is not SSC legal but I am building a Computer controled foam cutter next so that is not an issue. I'm just going to have fun in the mean time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17692.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	109657  
Old 03-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Red_barron419

nice plane!!!

i dont realy care about the muffler, i live in an uninhabbited (according to the US Navy) area, so who is going to be affected?? a cow??? i just want a motor that will survive the learning curve, but being 15, cash is hard to get (sometimes), so i gotta stay cheap!!! and there is no clubs (no one to inforce the rules) in my area, so i basicaly can do what ever the heck i want (luck me), i am thinking of getting a zagi combat wing for mid air bird hunting!!!!!! (just messing)
i also looked at magnum, but i like the norvels, my LHS is an authorized dealer, they can service it

peace out
Old 03-15-2004, 09:15 AM
DualdudE

I'd say...get the .15 MVVS. Many here in the netherlands use this sweet little engine for combat
Old 03-15-2004, 12:56 PM
mrfx2001

Yep, you're right. That would be a wonderful engine in all classes except SSC .15. It doesn't meet the rule specs. Oh, by the way, I had a oppertunity to break out the micro scales and weighed the Norvel vs. the Magnum. Engine, muff and NO prop.....Magnum 191.6 Grams........Norvel 180.2 Grams.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:15 AM
topspeed

AP .15 Yellowjacket [>:]..could it be the worst model engine ever produced ? Mine overheated in an istant and did not run evenly at the start.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:20 AM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

My ran and ran OK, but the power was just unaceptable. Not nearly enough RPM to be competetive.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:59 PM
topspeed

It is lite....and no outsticking muffler...maybe too good to be true ?