Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Club Combat in West Tennessee

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Club Combat in West Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Alex Treneff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club Combat in West Tennessee

Well the summer is upon us, and that means lots of R/C flying! The Mid-America Combat Championship (hosted by the club) a few weeks ago was a blast, and now we're ready for some more club combat. Come on out and join us!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Alex Treneff

Since this was a holiday weekend we didn't have a whole lot of activity at the field, but still had a few of us fly a little combat.

Pre-flight:

"Evade, evade!!"

You can see Tim's pink streamer draped on Jim's plane (on the left) from a previous "kill" plus a little of Jim's own orange streamer still attached to his plane.

Streamers picked off the runway after battle:

Of course no one wants to admit who "won", but I think Jim got the most cuts, just by 1 though! [8D]

Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Alex Treneff

Last week was the Dixie Nationals at Mac Hodges' field in GA. Chris Handegard of FL did a wonderful job CD'ing the event and it was a great time.

Now it's time for some good ole' club combat! It's looking like partly-sunny this weekend, so hopefully it'll stay warm and we can get some good dogfighting in.

If you're in the area and want to fly some combat, get in touch so we can meet up at the field [8D]

Old 01-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Alex Treneff

Announcing

The 4th annual

Mid-America Combat Championship

June 20, 2009
8 rounds of SSC combat

Tradition continues in 2009 with the 4th annual running of the Mid-America Combat Championship. The Championship is located at the WTRCF field in Jackson, Tennessee on I-40 between Memphis and Nashville. It is centrally located between all the major areas of combat activity and is a reasonable drive from almost anywhere.

This is the contest where Texas meets the Atlantic Coast and Wisconsin meets Florida. Where rookies and aces battle it out to be crowned the Best of the Best! This is the contest you won't want to miss. We'll see you there!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Cross Check

Hi Alex,

Do not forget Canada...HeHeHe

We have some great .15, 40in. span 'one design's that can woop any SSC. In any weather. (Our speciality ! )

I'm sure (almost) they are SSC legal. (we can ballast down/restrict RPMs to any level)

I'll try to arrange a 'Short Bus'... If we wear our Helmets across the border, we should be able to get to Tennessee ! ! !
WhooHoo .... Road Trip ! ! !

Too Cool Alex...

Keep the FUN and Tradition...

I know allot of us here would love to be part of the FUN !

Don't be scared of any Canadians that are able to make it there... We like having Combat Fun.

Any Combat Pilot I know would love to be part of the Mid-American Combat Championships...

Respectfully,

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team

Old 03-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Alex Treneff

After the club meeting Tuesday evening, Jim showed us his latest project.... he's named it "The Blue AngelAxe"

Old 03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alex, hopefully that I can make it this year. Missed last year because of service obligations. Finally got three others at my club interested in flying some combat. They should be ready to fly in a couple of weeks. We'll end up flying limited B rules (all of us have .25s)
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 AM
fly boy2

ORIGINAL: Alex Treneff

ORIGINAL: fly boy2

Was it in Hickman county? (Hickman County Aviators) Thats where I'm gonna fly(I'm still finishing up my plane) I'm still in the beginner stage but I was just interested cause they look fun to fly, I seen em fly out there but they were a little different they called them "flying pizza boxes" . I'll ask some of the guys if they are going. I would like to go if I can and see a competion.
Hi FlyBoy,

It was behind a Post Office on Hwy 46. Michael DeWoody lives in the Dickson area so you might want to get in touch with him too.

Well it been awhile and I think I want to try combat. When I first posted that I'd only went to the field once or twice now I'm considered one of the hard core members[8D]. Michael DeWoody is our pres. now. I'll have to talk to him either this Sun. or on our next meeting. What are all these classes Unlimited B ,SSC,etc can someone help me out, what are all these classes? What is a good combat plane? I have an O.S. 40 la that is gathering dust it could use a home if there is a combat plane that will take it
Old 03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Alex Treneff

Well it been awhile and I think I want to try combat. When I first posted that I'd only went to the field once or twice now I'm considered one of the hard core members[8D]. Michael DeWoody is our pres. now. I'll have to talk to him either this Sun. or on our next meeting. What are all these classes Unlimited B ,SSC,etc can someone help me out, what are all these classes? What is a good combat plane? I have an O.S. 40 la that is gathering dust it could use a home if there is a combat plane that will take it
Hi Fly Boy,

SSC is the most popular class, followed by Open/Limited B. SSC uses a .15-size engine such as the OS, Magnum, etc. In "B", you can use any engine up to .30. The .25FX is the most popular B engine because of its reliability and easy performance.

In Jackson we fly SSC and the club is hosting the SSC "Mid-America Combat Championship" contest June 20.

SSC is designed with a max RPM with a spec prop and a minimum weight so that there isn't an "arms race" between competitors and the battle is about how you fly and not who lays out a lot of cash. The planes are able to be very durable given the minimum weight. I prefer the OS LA .15 (most common engine) but the Magnum XLS is gaining some popularity.

You can check out our combat kits manufactured in Jackson here, just click the pictures of the planes on the homepage: [link=http://www.treneffrc.com/]http://www.treneffrc.com/[/link]

Hope to see you in June! [8D]

Alex Treneff
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM
fly boy2

ORIGINAL: Alex Treneff

Hi Fly Boy,

SSC is the most popular class, followed by Open/Limited B. SSC uses a .15-size engine such as the OS, Magnum, etc. In "B", you can use any engine up to .30. The .25FX is the most popular B engine because of its reliability and easy performance.

In Jackson we fly SSC and the club is hosting the SSC "Mid-America Combat Championship" contest June 20.

SSC is designed with a max RPM with a spec prop and a minimum weight so that there isn't an "arms race" between competitors and the battle is about how you fly and not who lays out a lot of cash. The planes are able to be very durable given the minimum weight. I prefer the OS LA .15 (most common engine) but the Magnum XLS is gaining some popularity.

You can check out our combat kits manufactured in Jackson here, just click the pictures of the planes on the homepage: [link=http://www.treneffrc.com/]http://www.treneffrc.com/[/link]

Hope to see you in June! [8D]

Alex Treneff

I'll tell everyone at the club and see if anyone is going. I bet, I'll go if I can
Old 04-17-2009, 12:10 PM
bassfisher

Alex, at your June contest, will you be having any "B" combat? I've got a few folks in my club finally getting interested, but all of us are flying .25s.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Alex Treneff

ORIGINAL: bassfisher

Alex, at your June contest, will you be having any "B" combat? I've got a few folks in my club finally getting interested, but all of us are flying .25s.
Hi,

Currently we only hold SSC combat at the event because it has been the most popular class and we only want to close the club field for one day. I think you're around 3 hours away and we'd love to have you guys come down and meet you all and talk combat, even if you don't have any .15 equipment.

Hope to see you there

Alex
Old 04-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Alex Treneff

Accidental double post.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 AM
bassfisher

Alex, if I can find a get .15 before then, I'll try to get my new Air Devil ready. Thanks!!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Alex Treneff

Here are a few photos from our club combat a couple weekends of last month.

Chris and me after a mid-air collision:

Old 09-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Fred420
My Feedback: (1)

Mid-America is only 9 months away!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:52 PM
cccdad

Good thing Alex is secure in his manhood to fly a pink plane (LOL)