Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Hottest Combat plane!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Hottest Combat plane!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Tattoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hottest Combat plane!

Good luck on the Bulltastic event!

We had a great day of flying today, and Sassy got to fly her Lil Bull today...WOW!!! She said it was like a wild bull, MAN can that plane loop hard and fast!!! I guarentee we are all in troubl now! Here is Sassy piloting on the Lil Bull's first ever launch!

Old 04-29-2002, 03:17 AM
downhomerc

Hey Tattoo,

What a great picture! Also I like the new name, at the contest coroplast will be flying on the Bulls! So I may change the name to Bullastic. And will more than likely start adding coro to the kits, to replace the Balsa tail feathers. Folk's give me some input!

I know that most of the people that are responding to this thread are local flyers, and I would like to let you know just who Tattoo and Sassy are.

Tattoo and his friend Kraut are the people that started the very popular SPAD design. (Tattoo hope I got that right)
Simple Plastic Airplane Designs, They now have 1000's of Members that love to build and fly very low cost airplanes, and when I say low cost, I mean $5.00 for a complete plane (no radio or motor) And there are so many designs that you can build just about any plane you want out of coroplast! Combat , Scale, Fun Fly, you name it they got it! Now the best part is that it is all FREE!!!!!!! You go to the SPAD website and these guys will tell you how to make just about any plane you want! Again FREE!!!!!!! Not to mention they will also put the plans on the web site for you to print . All of this for nothing, its there just go check it out!
I met these guy's at the 2001 combat Nat's and then again in Paris Texas where Tattoo put a real Butt Whooping on me! (Don't Get too used to it Tattoo Ha!)

The Lady flying the plane, This would be Sassy the better half of Tattoo (Sorry Tattoo) Sassy won this plane Lil Bull in Paris as a Raffle and took it home and built it! I still can't get over the fact that they have planes hanging all over there shop ( All made of Coro!) And built this plane! THANKS SASSY AND TATTOO! you guy's are a Class Act, Good People and Friends

I think its pretty Cool that the Masters of Coroplast have Joined in on this thread and told us about a kit someone else kits! How about you? These are the kind of people that make Combat and R/C flying so much fun!!!!!!

Good Luck with your new Plane Sassy!

,Ben
Old 04-29-2002, 10:01 AM
Tattoo

Wow Ben!!!
Thanks for the kind words! We're just having a great time, and love to build and fly!!! Now we know why the Lil Bull is kicking butt all over the place...that plane can sure fly!!!

When Sassy built it she also took a bunch of building pictures and made a web page all about building the Lil Bull if anyone is interested in checking it out. Keep in mind it is still under construction... check it out here!

http://www.downhome.netfirms.com

As for the butt whuupin in Paris that was my best combat day ever so far man that was a fun day...I just hope I can get that lucky next time! Thanks again for donating the Lil Bull to the Raffle in Paris, because Sassy is sure having fun with it!!!
Old 04-29-2002, 04:53 PM
MTDH

Ben great news on the tail-feathers. The more fliers the better. See you on the 11th
Old 05-10-2002, 12:27 PM
downhomerc

Hello to all Pilots out in R/C world!
Old 05-10-2002, 01:00 PM
downhomerc

Hello to all pilots out in R/C world!

Tomorrow is the day for Bullnanza, and would like to take time to just say Thank You to all the folks that will be at this event and also to the ones that have built Bull's and will not be able to make it.

At this time it looks like we will have around 15 to 20 future Combat pilots show! All planning on taking home the top spot! There has been a lot of practice going on, so bring your best game, I think your going to need it!

I have 200 ribbons rolled and ready. Hope to see many of these cut by pilots that have never had the chance to cut a ribbon in a combat event. 47 years old and still makes my knees knock!
So be ready to have some fun!

Looking forward to handing out these prizes I have been looking at for about 2 weeks, wishing I was in this event! But not this time, this event is for all the people that have bought the No Bull 40's from myself or the local Hobby Shops.

So this one is for you! Thank you for your Business, and I hope all have a good time tomorrow! I know I will !!!!!!!

Thanks to all, and see you tomorrow!
,Ben
Old 05-10-2002, 01:49 PM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben: Good luck tomorrow. I think your Bullnanza is a great idea. I would like to have something similar at our field. The Havoc Over Hamilton was great fun but you need bullet proof planes to last. I think a spad or lil bull only format where everyone is basically flying the same plane would make combat more fun. Of course, the NPS guys need RCCA events for their standings, but I would still like to try it. Heck, they may come anyway.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:21 PM
downhomerc

Thanks a ton Greg,
I really hope this goes over well, and if were lucky maybe some of these guy's will move into the ranks of RCCA !

Thanks Again!
,Ben
Old 05-12-2002, 12:45 AM
downhomerc

Bullnanza is in the books! very nice weather, low winds and 13 pilots ready to give combat a try! Most that had never tied a ribbon on a plane. A lot of you guy's know my friend Michael Dewoody the guy that is with me at all RCCA events. I am very happy to say he took 1st place! (in his first combat of year) That a boy Michael!!!!! Followed in a close 2nd place (less than 1 cut) by a 16 year old young man, that was in his first combat also! So all went great! Not 1 warning of any kind all day, It was a very good and safe day! Congrats to my buddy Michael, WAY TA GO !

,Ben
Old 05-12-2002, 01:03 AM
coolman87

Default Cool

Sounds like you had a blast! Great Job Michael!! Ben I just built one of your kits today, mostly by myself, it was super easy to put together!!!!

Oh yeah,
The IFO is the coolest parkflyer I have ever flown, about 30 flights on it now and it is very tough! Hovers nice. I think that an IFO combat would be cool. Go to http://www.flyifo.com/htmlpages/flightvideos.html to see an IFO combat!

Until next time,
Addison
Old 05-12-2002, 01:26 AM
downhomerc

Yes it was a great day Addison! Michael did a great job and put some fine moves on the guy's. Glad to hear the Bull is going together well for you! Kinda gona give Dad some help on the building part. Ha! Also sounds like your having just too much fun with the IFO, maybe I should have hung on to that one.

See ya in Richmond?
,Ben
Old 05-13-2002, 09:10 PM
foxbat-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Me and some of my friends want to fly combat but there is nowhere in Madison Alabama to fly. i got a plane called a fox bat i know you guys probably aunt got s*** on that plane. some 1 sent me something on where i can fly combat at.

thx fox bat
Old 05-14-2002, 12:50 PM
MTDH

FOXBAT. we are having a 40 size or smaller combat on june 2 in bon aqua tn also if you think you can run with the big boys there is an rcca combat on june 29 in ashland city tn you can go to www.rccombat.com for more info or contact me at 615-599-4564
michael
Old 02-16-2003, 08:29 AM
smartwork
My Feedback: (5)

Default No Bull Balance

Hey there, Ben -

Question: Why is the No Bull balanced without the wing on? The reason I ask is that I added ailerons/servo and want to make sure I'm compensating correctly on the balance since the directions state to balance without the wing.

Thanks!

-s
Old 02-16-2003, 03:45 PM
downhomerc

Smartwork,

The only reason for balancing the wing the way the istructions say, is to try and make it as simple as possible. You can put so many different motors on the plane, I just used this method to keep it simple.

There have been many folks to add Ailerons to their "Bull's" and if there are any questions as to the balance of the plane you can always check with the wing on also.

With the wing on it should balance out at about 1/4" behind the wing spar. You shouldn't have any problem with your Bull, other than some say it will turn so much quicker! And change direction in about the lenght of the plane.

So hang on and have fun!

Hope this helps a little!

,Ben