Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Only 3 rounds of Combat at SPADfest09

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Only 3 rounds of Combat at SPADfest09

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Only 3 rounds of Combat at SPADfest09

Well for one reason or another we only flew 3 rounds of combat, 2 B 1 SSC at SPADfest this weekend. I feel it's a bit my fault as I realized that our host was in undated and I didn't step up in time. We had 1 each on Friday I got a cut in the B but didn't have my SSC ship out for it's round. Saturday after realizing that lunch was coming up quick and we hand't run one heat yet and with the go ahead from Flyboy, I got between 8 and 10 pilots up for a round of B and we were cranked after that. A quick trip to the lunchbox and we were rewarded with wind, lots of it. More than the standard SSCship would be happy with but more to the point were the burbles coming off the trees. I was flying my Flipper and doing a little over 100 mph and would get rolled over on my back from the currents. Nobody much wanted to fly when it was more work than fun. We cancelled our Speed event for safety sake and instead I ended up spending about an hour doing slow flybys as a target tug, minus the towing target for some paintballers. By golly if you get close enough, say 10-15 feet and the people shooting have a high powered gun, you can actually get some damage on your 4 mil SPAD parts. I may just replace my DPSwing. The low powered gun just painted my plane. The higherpower one usually only painted but every once in while a lucky shot would ding the coro ORif it got trapped in the corner between servo and wing it would start popping the serovs loose. Found that on cleanup as they are still well attached, just that the coro is starting to split. Anyways, it was a blast.

I didn't get any cuts on my second round of B but I did get a kill, if only we were flying Wichita rules. Cost me a wing and the plane Ihit was the one I gave another pilot to fly. Too bad for him as he had 2 cuts in that round so far and was hoping to get his 3rd. What can I say? I WASaiming at the streamer, I'm just out of practice.

SPADfest 09 pictures are rolling in over on SPADworld.net.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Only 3 rounds of Combat at SPADfest09

ORIGINAL: Clean

I didn't get any cuts on my second round of B but I did get a kill, if only we were flying Wichita rules. Cost me a wing and the plane Ihit was the one I gave another pilot to fly. Too bad for him as he had 2 cuts in that round so far and was hoping to get his 3rd. What can I say? I WASaiming at the streamer, I'm just out of practice.

SPADfest 09 pictures are rolling in over on SPADworld.net.
at least you wernt practicing on me
Old 06-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Clean

Since we're all flying B we'll have to get Brian over to the River Rats field and work on some combat.  Maybe he can bring that Se5 of his too.  I've still got two wings for my B ships without diggin into HOR wings.  I got my table mostly cleaned off this evening, will be repairing my DPS and then I've got to order the makings for a USS, I bought an engine for it this weekend.  Gotta print out the plans at work tomorrow so I can order the Coro.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

can you order/lend me a square foot (white if possible) of coro. i need to fix my spad trainer's rudder. its to small/ is ripping
got my fun 51 built, its to tail heavy though with the dinky little os fp 40 i put in it, may have to switch it out with my gms .47 in my rapture
combat this weekend? if the weather holds out, saterday is looking better than sunday
Old 06-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Clean

Don't know if I can get out this weekend having been gone 4 days of the last week BUT if you need coro and can't find a diet sign OR haven't stopped by the local convenience store and gotten some free, I can probably run you up a piece to the field today. 
Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 AM
scottflewell

does anyone know if there is going to be a spadfest10 and where it will be
Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
draftman1

there will be one. the location and date havnt been discussed yet