Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

Question question about aerodynamics in handling on a Traxxas Slash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Question question about aerodynamics in handling on a Traxxas Slash

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 07:19 PM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question question about aerodynamics in handling on a Traxxas Slash

Hi hi I have a question about my traxxas slash. I did the 3s upgrade and got the 31 tooth onion gear and the 76 pins spur gearr for high-speed option and since then it always flips over it backwards before I get to full throttle. I was told that a wheely bar wouldn't help much and if there's not much I can do about it. one person said I could put weights like the ones is on model airplanes in the front of the chassis and that might prevent problems. Another person suggestions that I get a high-speed body. I tried getting a big hole in the back of the body but that didn't help. Does anybody have any suggestions.? if a new body would help what kind should I get? Would weights in the front tend to burn out the motor? If not how many weight should I use? Just trial an error?someone mentioned the wind block or wind dam or splitter in the front of the vehicle. Does anybody know where I would find something like that? Any suggestions?

Last edited by obrien135; 06-01-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:28 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

The agony of defeat in the quest for speed.