Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:38 PM
hands without shadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture thread

Even though I dont have a dragster or anywhere to run them I can appreciate a sweet ride and would love to see some pics, so post them up!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Paul Songas

Default RE: Picture thread

Here are a couple of my rides.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:32 PM
2916jr

well here my old one but I am currently working on one and it will have another .21 in it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31524.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	693647  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:19 PM
bigmodman

that is one clean pt!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
2916jr

thx unfortnatly I couldnt get it to hook up and now I am back to the drawing bored and designing a different car right now
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Quick 1
My Feedback: (6)

Where do you get all your wheels and parts from. That camaro is absolutely sweet.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Paul Songas

The Camaro is a Grand Motorsports GM11 Chassis, RAE Body, and the front wheels are from Team Walbern.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
FireStriker

I Street Drag only!,

Cant afford a real dragster so i street race,

Yeah ACTUAL street race with full size cars and all,

We drag around a 132feet track im getting times around the 3 sec range,

pics to come!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Quick 1
My Feedback: (6)

Thx Paul, will get them lol
Old 05-31-2007, 07:52 PM
drag racer

how fast do most rc dragsters/drag cars go?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Urbandrag

INSANE!... Nice pics, Paul!... [8D][X(][X(][X(]
Old 06-01-2007, 07:52 AM
ahr43

ORIGINAL: drag racer

how fast do most rc dragsters/drag cars go?
Here is link to the IMDRA records page [link]http://imdra.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=18[/link]

Our bracket rail has run a best E.T. of 2.446sec and best speed of 52.8mph. About right for bracket, maybe a little too quick.

The really quick and fast cars, like Paul and M.O. race run in the sub 2sec range at 60-70+ mph. Depends, of course, on which class you settle into.

Recently, the BL / LiPo rails in Extreme Class have been posting E.T.s in the low 1.4sec range and speeds of 104-109mph.

Hope this answers the mail. Hope you give RC drag racing a try.

[Edit] Scroll to the bottom of the webpage for RODS records: [link]http://www.rcrods.com/[/link]

//AC//
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
griz11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the ones I've built so far.

GMS Funny car chassis RAE motor

Walbern Chassis OS .18TZ motor Billy Weeks Willys bod

Litespeed Biohazard chassis Nova 35p21 motor

Griz
Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 PM
jgeck90

i want to build a light tree! if anyone can help on how to do that please!! reply to my thread here in the Drag forum thanks much.
Jeff
Old 06-16-2007, 05:58 PM
nitroking21

Whats up guys love the pictures.....................Jayson
Old 06-17-2007, 02:41 PM
nitroking21

Well i guess alot of things come into play, when asking how fast . mph or et. If your go on the line of drag racing.Its all about ET. So when you see at the hobby store its out of the box running 60 mph ya that maybe so. Buy that in like 300+feet. Now as for drag racing its 132 ft. 10th scale. Here a picture of my small block street class drag racing car And in 132ft my times were........R/T........ 0.5898........6ft.........-2.4957.....
ET........2.7661.........MPH..........49.86.So alot of things come into play what asking how fast.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:59 PM
nitroking21

As for my Pro Mod I am trying to get my 6ft. down to the 28s. The rest I will leave for the up-coming Mid West RC Drag Racing Series. I know some people's records WILL be broken. If they want to realize it or not that is on them. As for me, as long as I know and our 75+ racers know I am cool with that.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:45 PM
griz11

I hope you mean .280 sec Yea that 6ft time is all important. The very reason I went with a .18 in my pro mod. The times I saw them run before building mine I noticed they had to slip the clutch a lot to get them to come out of the box straight. I figured a little less power and you could still slam the clutch and end up with a better 6ft and overall time. The first part of the run works as planned but once the .21 gets hooked up its hard to keep the lead for the last half of the track. I beat a few at the Worlds with it though If I could have figured out a way to go with a single speed direct drive I think it would have been plenty competitive. Thinking about going brushless/lipo on my PM this year. You can run that during the weekly races here in Tx. But its kinda hard to race and video so I don't know if I'll do that much racing. Taking videos gives me something to do during the week instead of being terminally bored. But I do miss the racing. Quite a bit actually.

Griz
Old 06-19-2007, 12:16 AM
nitroking21

Griz, ya i did mean the .280. But when your talking times. We hope most people know As you did. I have heard alot about the 18 in pro mods . Maybe i will have to look into it more. So hows the videos going?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:42 AM
MONAROMAN

griz you've got a great painter! love the rat, love the funny car and also love "big johnson"
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
griz11

That would be Sparx is a great painter. I can't paint at all. Even simple stuff is crappy. He and I get together and kinda get a scheme worked out then he goes away and creates something that always blows my mind. I'm strictly a mechanical guy myself. Not much artistic talent. I do mirror polish all the metalworks stuff like that and come up with some cool ways to do things. I met up with Sparx in Denver when I used to live in Colorado. He is a designer of environments and many other things. He paints a car bod from time to time to relax. He calls it therapy. I have a bike that is almost done. Waiting on the body and a different bracket for the front brake cables now that I've put on the carbon side pieces the old bracket is covered up and there is no way for the cables to get through without drilling holes in the carbon. Didn't want to do that so I'm waiting on a revised part. Meanwhile I keep working on getting better at filming these things on the track. I'll be posting some video of the race on the 30th. Can't wait to try out my new rig. 3 cameras and a stabilizer for my handheld. Like a wearable tripod.

Griz
Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 AM
joeseif

how fast do these things go?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:31 PM
griz11

The fastest cars out there are the extreme class cars. Rail dragsters no motor limit electric or nitro. Rainman is the king of the Extreme class right now. He's done passes over 100mph on several occasions with ET's in the low 1.4 range. The nitro top fuel class is limited to .21 motors and I've seen them go into the 90mph range several times as well. Depends a lot on the atmospheric conditions with the nitro cars. Pro Mods and funny cars get into the 80 mph range and on down to the bracket classes where speed isn't really the issue. Remember this is from a standing start and the track is 132 ft long so the are hauling. If you want to see a vid of the Rainman in action get yourself a login on www.imdra.com and check this link http://imdra.com/phpbb/viewforum.php...69cf2c9cca5e72 You'll need to register to see the vids. Use internet explorer and double click the starting button. See for yourself they are plenty fast. I'm hoping to see some 100+ mph runs in a couple of weeks. I'll be posting those vids in widescreen format on my site. Check back after the first of the month for the links. Here is a short vid of two top fuel nitro cars going at it. Taken almost 2 years ago when a 1.80 was a decent time I'm on the nearside and my old nemesis Nitro Bandit on the farside. I did pretty good until the rounds came around when my car tore up its belt coming off the line and I lost to the Bandit. The track is LiteSpeed raceway in San Antonio Tx home of the World Finals this year. This vid works best in explorer as well.

http://media.putfile.com/Team-Rat-pa...ter-wins-again

Griz
Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 PM
joeseif

Griz thanks for the reply! that was cool video, man those things are fast. I had an electric on a long time ago that did about 70 but I only had it for a few days before I sold it. It was more then I could handle at the time.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 AM
griz11

You think that one was cool wait until after the race on the 30th of June. I'll have 3 cameras there and more than a years experience in making videos since that one was shot. In those days I just put a cam along the side of the track and let it run. I wanted to see the car run down the track and especially hear the motor to make sure it was tuned right shifting right etc. Now I have sophisticated editing software that can do really good slow motion and stuff like that. The set-up I'm planning for the race in Lampasas has two cameras close to the starting line low to the ground zoomed up on the cars at the start. Then with my glidecam and gs-300 I'll be following the cars down the track. Once I get into editing mode I can arrange that footage in a lot of different ways. Separate windows etc to make some really cool video. Here are some more from the World Finals last year in San Antonio. That race was unreal. The first time I've been to a big drag race People there from several countries and all over the US. One of the best times I've had and I'm an old guy

Stroll around the Pits

http://media.putfile.com/A-Stroll-ar...RA-Worlds-Pits

Extreme Final

http://media.putfile.com/Extreme-Final

B-Side Pro Mod

http://media.putfile.com/B-side-pro-mod-carnage

Pro Mod Final

http://media.putfile.com/Pro-Mod-final

If you want to check out some more recent stuff go to www.livevideo.com/griz11

Remember use Internet Explorer or you'll get a wide picture thats distorted for some reason

Griz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.