Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

Can anyone make a header pipe for me?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Can anyone make a header pipe for me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Brent Davis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone make a header pipe for me?

I need a custom header made for a BB engine in a 1/10th scale car if anyone knows of someone that can do so.

Thanks much, Brent.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Q.S.

Default RE: Can anyone make a header pipe for me?

I can if your not in a big hurry i got alot of things going on at the moment. what is the dimensions it needs to be? do you have any pics of one like you need made? let me know. stoneyberk. www.quarterscaleberetta.com
Old 08-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Brent Davis

Wow thanks man. Yes I can make one up out of some parts that I have laying around. I am not in a big hurry but whenever you can get to it, would be fine.

Do you make the headers out of aluminum tubing? Would I need to supply the headers flange or can you get one? I have a big block RB Concept engine. Lemme know what I need and I'll get the proto-type out to you.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Q.S.

If you can post a link of that engine here I will look at it and let you know what i would charge to make you one. as far as what to build it from Im thinking steel then heat treat it. just because its easy to weld up and will be alot stronger. if you dont want to post any of the info here you can PM me. that would be alot easyer for me also. my email address is on my website thanks. www.quarterscaleberetta.com
Old 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Brent Davis

Thanks again.

I will send you a PM with the photo of the engine on the car but I will have to do it next week. I am currently in NYC for work and will get back home Tuesday Sep 4th and take a few pics then. I assume that you TIG weld and the steel will not bend under high engine temperature conditions like the aluminum counterparts that I've used before.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Q.S.

I can tig or mig it I like to mig better it's alot easyer I have been welding real car parts, quarter panels/roof/chassis/etc. for years when it comes to real ones a tig is a must but for these RC cars a mig works just fine. I made a set of custom Headers a few years ago for a guy for a 1/5 scale pulling tractor and made them from 4130 crome moly and used my mig on them and they have held up good it's all in the prep work things must be very clean for the welds to last a long time and not crack under stress.when you get back just let me know and I'll see what i can do for you... thank you. stoneyberk