Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

dragsUNDER 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 PM
bigwill5686

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dragsUNDER 2.0

Hey guys, for my winter project i am looking to build a pro stock electric that will run under 2.0, i know of the rj speed, walburn, new era, and grand motorsports kits. Are there any others that i still need to look at? If you have an opinion i would like to hear it on these kits. I plan on running between 4-6s lipo in these chassis, with gearing that is really tall. Do you think that these chassis will be able to handle the power and the speed?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Never Enough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dragsUNDER 2.0

Yesterday @ QMDRA's Drag meet there were a few of us testing for our Pro Stock class for next year . We were all using Grandmotorsports chassis and 2 cell Lipo with different brushless brands and combinations. The cars ran under 2 seconds with a lot of attention looking at weight balance in the car and gearing . 3 cell lip is what we will use in Our Pro Mod class and people who have tested for that so far have had a lot of trouble as 3s is overpowering in such a short car. I have run dragsters in the 1.5's with 3s and tall gearing and know there is potential to drop another tenth. Any more then 3s lipo in a pro stock car would not be crazy fast , it would be out of control and constantly smashing and inconsistent and therefor expensive as repairs can be costly. I have a Walbern also and its good but the GMS 11 is the best 11 inch chassis around. The RJ speed will go under 2 but i have never seen one run hard . Forget new Era.