Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

ClockWorks Picco P3 drag modded engine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

ClockWorks Picco P3 drag modded engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Brent Davis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ClockWorks Picco P3 drag modded engine

This is just a video of my Clockworks P3 in my Pro-Mod chassis. This engine is STRONG I must say and it has a nasty chop sound at idle like it has a camshaft in it. You can hear it a little but the video sound quality is not that great to hear what it sounds like in person. I will also say that for a drag race engine, this thing so far has been more than impressive being that it is a off-road engine. I can't say my ET's just yet but let's say that 1.80's are behind the car AND that is with a chassis that is still not yet fully tuned in. The local record around here is what I am after and those guys use nothing but .21 engines and giggled at the .28 that I have until it laid down some out of the trunk ET's and all over the track doing so. I have a great guy that is helping me tune the chassis and right now we have to add alot of weight to the front end because it is hard to steer a car that is on the back tires darn near the whole 132' track run.

Neil, I tuned on the low speed needle and got it alot better and also am using a medium Picco turbo plug now. Call me later.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R_3ujz49GwM
Old 12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ClockWorks Picco P3 drag modded engine

Wow Brent, that sounds so mean! I love it[sm=thumbup.gif]. Nice ride BTW[8D]
Old 12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
nitrohead5300

Has a nice idle to it Brent!!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
stussman

Have you any more feedback on this mill? Sounds wicked. Iam hoping to put a modded os28 in a drag chassis soon. What times have you clocked?
Thanks.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: stussman

Have you any more feedback on this mill? Sounds wicked. Iam hoping to put a modded os28 in a drag chassis soon. What times have you clocked?
Thanks.

NOTHING yet. It is way too cold here(Maryland) and the track is closed until springtime now. I will let you know though as I am excited about this engine. It does seem to be a very stout engine but I will have to run it in extreme Pro-Mod but that is o.k. too.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 PM
modrodz

hey Brent thats cool this is my new toy for 09... Ill be useing a 63 vette to race with the same paint sheme though[8D] to race with.

Rickey Modrodz Performance
Headz Up Racin
Nitro Dynamics Mods