Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

pros and cons of nitro and electir drag racing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

pros and cons of nitro and electir drag racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:49 PM
PROSTOCK68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pros and cons of nitro and electir drag racing

i wanna get into pro stock rc drag racing, whats the most scale set up out there? nitro or electric? pros and cons of nitro vs electric?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:06 PM
maggio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pros and cons of nitro and electir drag racing

Depends on who you talk to... I have raced both... I prefer Electric cause its Cheaper and At the end of the day Faster.... Nitro is fun but In my opinion to much work... they neveer hold the same tune from one pass to another ECT..... Bottom line Electric is the Easiest , Cheapest & Fastest ...... But If you like a Challenge Go Nitro... This is Just my opinion , Have have Been R/C Drag racing for over 10yrs and race Both and this is What I found to Be the case for me.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:42 AM
thunder9000

i would have to agree that electric is easier and faster , I have raced electric onroad and offroad for 20 years and got into nitro in the past 4 years . I dont race anymore just bashing sessions and I personally enjoy the challenge of nitro there is a sense of satisfaction when you can get a nitro engine singing. So I really dont think its fair to choose sides but just appreciate the advantages of both.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 PM
snellemin

I say brushless electric is just as challenging as nitro. It's easy to make power with an out of the box brushless setup. But once you start to mess around with different motors, rotors, tweaking the ESC and whatnot, it becomes a different story. Electric brushless is also cheaper to get started with, untill you start messing around with $200+ brushless motors $200+ batteries.

With brushless you have instant torque, whereas a nitro doesn't. So startup is a bit different for each. Other than that, I think they are both just as fun.