Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Ofna Jl10e Quick Questions

Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 AM
TripShot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Jl10e Quick Questions

So Iplan on getting a Jl10e as my first 1/10 drift/touring car. But Ihave a few quick questions.

I plan to drifting about 60% of the time and I'm having a hard time choosing between the shaftie or belt driven version. The belt version says "drift" though.

Iwill drift on smooth surfaces and race on aspahlt. Ihear that less than perfect surfaces ruin belts. Itried searching for replacement belts but I had no luck.

I have had shaft driven rc cars before so it will be nothing new to me. But will the shaft version allow me to drift when Iplease? Or will the weight dristribution
be hard to handle? There are much more parts availible for the shaftie.

For the motor/esc I plan on using a Castle Sidewinder Sv2 5700kv on 2s. Will that be a little much for the car to handle?

So basically, Which version should I go with? Shaftie or Belt? Iplan on drifting and racing in the parking lot. Which will be easier to maintain and handle?