Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Sprint2 rear diff fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
egoods
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint2 rear diff fix

I read a few places that to avoid destroying the belts on my rear diff I should cut the diff cover but the only pictures I've seen so far of where to cut did not look like my rear diff... Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
egoods
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sprint2 rear diff fix

double post, I hate my phone...
Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 AM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it new or used? The new ones have orange anodized metal instead of the original purple and the new version should already have It's bulkheads modified so you don't have to do it yourself but not all the new ones have this done if their not modified your best bet is to go online and order two sets of bulkheads Hpi redesigned them finally and they come without the outer plate that you would normally have to.remove but if you can't spend maybe 15 bucks online then do it yourself It's no trouble really Ive done it twice myself and a few times for friends with sprint 2's but do be warned your bulkheads lose some structural integrity when you do this even if done right I've broken both sets of self modified bulkheads so I would really just buy the new stock modded ones
Old 04-20-2013, 12:17 AM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go hope this helps http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_78...tm.htm#7910471
Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
ToraKitsu

ORIGINAL: egoods

I read a few places that to avoid destroying the belts on my rear diff I should cut the diff cover but the only pictures I've seen so far of where to cut did not look like my rear diff... Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding this, and excuse me if I did, but the diff you don't recognize is probably the spool HPI offers for the S2.