Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Hello from the 219

Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 AM
driften240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello from the 219

Hello ladies and gents, driften240sx here just kind of introducing myself a bit. I'm an complete rc noob and addicted to drifting! And hope to meet/talk to people with the same interests and goals as me an make some friends in the process.

What I'm working with:just bought an HPI sprint2 flux (ill post some pics when it arrives).

I pretty much decided after putting on 33k+ miles of drifting on a videogames that I take it to the next level and start small scale with getting roped right in and addicted to the idea of rc drifting, and would like to compete someday but for now practice practice practice, and hopefully learn a little bit of the equipment during this time so I can build, and tune(I'm sure you guys will see me more than you want to around ) but yea that's pretty much it thanks for stopping by and to any help I receive from you guys in the future!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
driften240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys finally got my car yesterday and extremely happy with it! Except....the body it personally looked tacky to me(no offense to those that like it otb) and I felt like it just looked like another rc car. So I decided first things first let's put some personal touches on the car and make it my own. With out further adieu my hpi sprint 2 flux Camaro.

First lets get rid of the ugly stripes

Next it was time to mask off the hood and clean the vinyl residue

I did use electric tape underneath painters tape because it game me more accuracy with the hood lines.

And now came the plastidip. I put on 4 coats 1-2nd heavy 3rd medium 4th super light.

After the hood was done I decided that the wheels needed some attention too

Before

After

The wheels received the same exact coats as the hood and was happy with the outcome (even tho I did mask the first wheels crappy) the final product was a cleaner and more aggressive look this car deserved and recommend any one who got the same car to try it out for themselves. It was extremely easy an cheap, wouldn't cost you more than 5$ for a car that looks 100$ more expensive IMO.

the end product

Hope you guys love it as much as I do!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1912038   Click image for larger version

Views:	37
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1912039   Click image for larger version