Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Help with nitro rs4 drift

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:52 AM
decon59

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with nitro rs4 drift

Hi everyone, i need help with the nitro rs4 drift car I'm building, I'm stuck at one part and don't know where to find the parts i need to move forward. i have a nitro rs4 3 evo that I'm converting into a nitro rs4 drift. i don't have the stage d conversion kit because its discontinued so i had to piece the kit together from various web sites and eBay. the part that has me stuck is the front end of the transmission where the tiny dog bone goes, the cup from the transmission and the differential case overlap each other and i cant find or have the instruction manual for the rs4 drift to figure out what the parts are that i need or what to look for so.can someone please help me with some info? also if anyone has parts for the rs4 drift especially the stage d parts like the carbon fiber upper deck, header and the servo alloy pieces or know where i can buy them i am more than happy to buy them.

here are some pictures of what i want to build:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20091104_646727.jpg
Views:	2815
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	1980048  
Old 01-13-2022, 08:43 AM
OGPerk503

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this is super old, but the HPI rs4 drift transmission uses a drive cup that is recessed and sits flush with the end of the transmission. it is a part unique to the drift chassis, so you need the actual part. i am making my own drift conversion as well, i used a standard single speed transmission but opened i opened it up and shortened everything by about 1/4-1/2 inch. this includes the housing, and the shaft. i would upload a picture but this site wont let me.