Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Beginner in RC Drifting from UK

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Beginner in RC Drifting from UK

Old 01-14-2015, 09:14 AM
sidddubey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner in RC Drifting from UK

Hey guys,

I'm Sid and am based in bournemouth, UK. I am a beginner and dont have much idea about rc drfiting which is where I want your help. I need help choosing my first rc car. My brother is into RC planes so I know of a few things that are particular to the RC sport and that carry forward here in to RC cars so I kind of know what type of car I'm looking for but am not sure which one would suit me best.

My needs from the package are.
1. I want to preferably buy a RTR package which would include the pre-assembled car with the radio and electronics as I have no building experience what so ever.
2. The package should be aftermarket friendly in the sense that there should be ample upgrades available so that I can upgrade the chassis technically as I begin to understand more about the sport. Aftermarket support for bodies is not important though preferable as I dont mind a nice looking ride.
3. Should have a good enough motor to start with so the cars not sluggish to begin with.
4. Should also have the potential to be used as a normal on road car so that sliding is not all that it does.
5. Should be under 300 which at this point equals to about $450.

Below are some of my choices although I am open to new suggestions,

1. HPI Sprint 2 Drift
2. HPI E10
3. HPI Sprint 2 Flux
4. Team Associated Apex Scion FR-S Racer
5. Tamiya XB Pro based on the TT-02 chassis
6. Maverick Strada DC Evo S Brushless RTR

Now I need your help deciding! But of all of these the two that top the list are the tamiya and team associated packages. Also, in my budget I can also get some RTR Nitro setups, should I stick with electric or go nitro cause I have seen the amount of troubles like fuel and glow plugs associated with nitro planes that my brother flies.

I hope this is not too long a post to read, sorry!

Last edited by sidddubey; 01-14-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:53 AM
338federal

I have for one week ago bought a apex team associate. I like it so far. Good punch on 3s lipo. Only tested with my 450 heli lipo. I am a beginner to. 2s lipo for me to drift. Maybe 3s when driving touring on grip tire. Friend bought hpi e10 so tomorrow i will test his car.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:33 AM
enneaitch

Im in the uk too... Scotland, there are a few places to look for rc drift cars in the uk, the advice ive found since drifting 6 months in are... MST ms01 is a great basis for a chassis to grow with. HPi Sprint 2 has a large following, and can be modified to suit your desire.

its totally up to you. what you want to start with... all will give you great rewards. All electric with brushless motors and lipo battiers are the way to go. most tracks are based on carpet and have certain requiremtns when it comes to tyres. so thats something to think about. Let us know what you end up getting!