Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

We are a bit lost here....

Old 06-03-2017, 01:21 PM
linuxas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question We are a bit lost here....

Hi everyone,

My friend was thinking what would her boyfriend appreciate for his birthday present and she decided to go with RC drift car. Since she don't know anything about this hobby, she left the products research job for me. The thing is.. I dont know anything about it either. I tried to review some videos and websites, but it seems that there is thousands of parts to build everything yourself and too much information about it, so my head is just dazzled at this moment. I dont really want to spend weeks on trying to figure out how everything is working here at RC world, so I I'd just love to get few links and recommendations from the experts so my friend could just buy one of them. Could you please help me find one?

The criteria for the car is actually simple:
  1. RC Car should be already in one piece, so he could just charge and play without needing to wire or solder anything there.
  2. Of course, it must drift a bit, so it should be AWD or RWD.
  3. The battery should last at least 20-30 mins.
  4. Budget is Up to $300, but we would like to see cheaper options too!
  5. It doesn't need to be a professional build, it just need to be a decent car for a simple play.

Thank you!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:23 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I would recommend a DriftKing more info here: Review: Exceed Drift King <Updated 25-DEC-2013> - On-road, Drifting, & Rally Cars @ URC Forums

More info here to expand your search for other options to consider:
1/10 Drift chassis guide - On-road, Drifting, & Rally Cars @ URC Forums
Old 06-04-2017, 09:27 AM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RedCat lightning EPX is a pretty good starter drifter it's close to what bill posted and around the same price. both of these can be upgraded because everyone wants better performance. it's all wheel drive and comes ready to run(RTR).
Old 06-07-2017, 09:36 AM
linuxas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've really narrowed everything for us here, thank you for your recommendations! We decided to got with Exceed Drift King, since the bodies seems to look more realistic on these compared to RedCat and thats what my friend cares about most, lol. However, we are experiencing a problem on finding those cars to buy now... There are good prices on amazon, but they don't ship them to Ireland. I've found this Newest Electric Nitro Gas RC Cars, RC Trucks, RC Buggies, RC Crawlers, RC Drift Cars, Brushless RC Remote Radio Control Toys, RC Car, RC Truck, RC Buggy, RC Drift Car, RC Rock Crawler, RC Crawler, RC Race Cars, RC On Road Cars, RC Hobbies, Exceed RC, site with even better prices than amazon, but the problem is that shipping to Ireland costs 100 bucks alone and they ship from USA so there would apply at least 70 bucks of Import tax to Ireland so it is really expensive when calculating everything up.

Maybe you guys could recommend few other websites we could take a look at? Best ones would be those who ships from Europe.

Thanks!