Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Drifting a monster

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drifting a monster

Has anybody tried to drift a savage or maxx? Please tell me how it went or if it is even possible.

The Doc.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Drifting a monster

Yah, I tried. Didnt end pretty with my Maxx. I tried on asphault and the stock Maxx tires just grabbed the ground and the car went end over end a couple dozen times. It also ended in body damage[:@]. I tried again with wet tires and the same results. Of course this was with the stock tires so I shouldn't of even tried. Im going to get some tires with less treads and better for road and try again, it MIGHT work. I also might lower the suspension to the farthest notch out for lower center of gravity. It is very possible, I was just to lazy to make adjustments. Do NOT try with stock tires or high suspension. Bad results.....
Old 05-24-2004, 12:30 AM

Yeah, I think you can't really drift an MT with the stock set-up. But after taking care of the high CG and the tires' treads, I think it is possible. After all, my T4 oversteers when I corner too fast. With lower CG and less tire grip, you can drift just about any off-road R/C vehicle.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:10 AM

In the MT forum someone mentioned it a while back and said they glued 2.5" or 3" pvc(can't remember) to the stock rims for drift tires. Same way they do it for the cars. Said it worked ok but the engine got really hot really fast. Maybe a smaller spur may help. Or keep a good feather motion on the throttle so it's not at peak rpm all the time.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:08 AM
My Feedback: (4)

You can drift on asphault... I do it all the time with my 4WD Buggies. Thing is, is that MT tires are super grippy. Got some on road tires and then get up some speed, turn, and hit the brake to the extent that you don't kill the engine
Old 10-27-2005, 10:06 PM

i did it with my revo, it was awesome, it was on a tennis court, but it had rained over night and it was covered with leaves. one of the most fun outings with my new truck, apary from the 8 foot jumps i can get from the ramp i built for it. the drifting of the revo has made me want to get a proper drift rc car, something like a tc3 or a rs4. ive got a modified tl-01 with a nitro engine in that ive done over the last 2 days, it flies really fun, saw a cheap rs4 on e-bay hav to buy it!