Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

1st Drift RC

Old 07-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Numerik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Drift RC

Just a quick introduction, I work on cars for a living, the aftermarket end of the spectrum. I tune engines, build them, and the break them . New to RC Drifting but not new to drifting, been doing it for clsoe to 7 years now.

This will be my first RC Drift build ever, or any form of RC for that matter. I was shopping online at Tower Hobbies and build up what I hope will work for a Drift RC. Here is the equipment I plan on using.

3 DuraTrax Sanyo 1900SCR 6-Cell Flat Standard
1 Hobbico 905 AC/DC Multi-Charger
2 Futaba S148 Servo Standard Precision
1 Futaba 2DR 2-Channel AM/2 S3003 Servos 78
1 Tamiya Nissan New Sports Car Kit TL-01
1 Tamiya RS540 Sport Tuned Motor 49/62

Is that a complete build or am I still missing something? I plan on using PVC/ABS for tires or even buying those specialized "drift" tires. WIll those "drift" tires bolt right up? Also what is the size of the stock rim? Please let me know what else needs to be added or what you would change. My budget is $400.00.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:56 PM
HPIRS4-3SS
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 1st Drift RC

i know for the rim you will need 2" diameter PVC/ABS
Old 08-02-2004, 12:56 AM
adamkerrnz

you forgot a speed controller, if u want a small good quality one fo for the futaba MC330CR, i got one of them, its basically bulletproof considering the way i drive my TL-01.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:19 AM
BaLLr5350

Good set up. The Yokomo drift rings wear out way too quickly, so just stick with ABS.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:49 AM
HPIRS4-3SS
My Feedback: (2)

you only need 1 servo, for steering, if you are using an ESC
Old 08-02-2004, 05:38 PM
nktrnl

ORIGINAL: Numerik

Just a quick introduction, I work on cars for a living, the aftermarket end of the spectrum. I tune engines, build them, and the break them . New to RC Drifting but not new to drifting, been doing it for clsoe to 7 years now.

This will be my first RC Drift build ever, or any form of RC for that matter. I was shopping online at Tower Hobbies and build up what I hope will work for a Drift RC. Here is the equipment I plan on using.

3 DuraTrax Sanyo 1900SCR 6-Cell Flat Standard
1 Hobbico 905 AC/DC Multi-Charger
1 Futaba 2DR 2-Channel AM/2 S3003 Servos 78
1 Tamiya Nissan New Sports Car Kit TL-01
1 Tamiya RS540 Sport Tuned Motor 49/62

Is that a complete build or am I still missing something? I plan on using PVC/ABS for tires or even buying those specialized "drift" tires. WIll those "drift" tires bolt right up? Also what is the size of the stock rim? Please let me know what else needs to be added or what you would change. My budget is $400.00.
You can get a better set up for less than that on ebay. I know alot of guys run a tl-01 but if you got the money, buy something better. With $400 you could get a TC3 or hpi complete, running with good electronics for less than that or just about that. In my opinion its like comparing a Kia to a Honda. Kia = a few aftermarket parts. Honda = tons of aftermarket support....get it?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:34 AM
RC-Drift UK

Totally agree dude, get youself on ebay, grab a spanking TC3, HPI Pro4, or if you can find one a Tamiya TA03F (front motor jobbie)

You'll find a ton of complete outfits and for 400 bucks you'll walk away with about 800 bucks of gear, and usually some spares too