Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Dope Drift RC video

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 05:00 AM
DRIFT DEVILS | Cali Agent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dope Drift RC video

Im not sure if anyone has posted this video on this forum yet but here are some dope Drifters.
If you notice in the credits they show what Chasis were used so pay attention maybe this can
help some of you still deciding on what to buy. Sorry if this was already posted but very cool Vid.

[link=http://www.frequency-rc.com/drift/sg3rd.mpg]Durifuto!!!!![/link]

PEACE
Old 01-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Ahab

Default RE: Dope Drift RC video

I just downloaded the vid to see what all the drift hype was about.
the vid was nice and clear and crisp - but I still dont get the point of drifting.....
Old 01-22-2005, 12:21 PM
cossie

the point of drifitng is to have fun and look more of a stylish driver than a race driver like schunacher
Old 01-22-2005, 12:32 PM
nitrobasher
My Feedback: (2)

That vid is aesome, the best part is how you guys had the camera on the car chasing the drifters around.

ahab: If you dont like drifting then why do you bother coming into the "DRIFTING" forum and look at the "DRIFTING" videos.... just to state the fact that you dont like drifting? If you truely did not like it and didnt know what the point was then you probably wouldnt bother coming in here.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:59 PM
cssdev

Here's the other vids made by the same people:

[link=http://www.frequency-rc.com/movies/SGD4-trailer.mpg]SGD V4 TRAILER[/link]
[link=http://www.frequency-rc.com/drift/sg3rd.mpg]SGD V3 VIDEO[/link]
[link=http://www.frequency-rc.com/drift/SG-Drifters_2nd_Vid.mpg]SGD V2 VIDEO[/link]
[link=http://www.frequency-rc.com/drift/SG-Drifters_1st_Vid.mpg]SGD V1 VIDEO[/link]

V4 looks like it's going to be killer, the pink mr-2 is my favorite car of the bunch because it's really unique.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Ahab

Nitrobasher - I would like to introduce a concept that has obviously escaped you.

*Curiosity*

it is the mechanism where by humans with an IQ higher than their shoe size try something new to see if they like it.

For this reason, I came to the drift forum and watched a drift video - a well made drift video, with some nice long smooth drifts - I have seen drift vids before where people get the tail out for a few feet then loose it which I didn't think was representative of drifting as a whole.

I made my comment because, even after watching a well made vid by competant driters - I still dont get it. As far as I know that is not a crime.

If I had come here and started bashing drifters then you may have a point.

ahab.

PS I will save the mods the time to edit out my opinion of you Nitrobasher, just mentaly put a collection of insults about your intelect and lineage between these brakets ( )
Old 01-23-2005, 11:38 AM
danYo

Nice Video..
Old 01-23-2005, 11:50 AM
dougi3000
My Feedback: (4)

you can literally beat the crap out of those guys in a race with regular tires.
They take 3-4 secs to get out of a turn.

j/k
Old 01-23-2005, 12:36 PM
cssdev

Regular tires, or a nitro drifter with a rubber tire, or radial soultion.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:39 PM
CSRACING

It' not always about speed, it's also about style!!

CSRacing
Old 01-23-2005, 12:41 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: CSRACING

It' not always about speed, it's also about style!!

CSRacing
I agree, style is important. Speaking of style! Check out this hot set of micro rs4's twin drifting, too many skills! [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2574529/anchors_2574529/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#2574529]RS4 TWINNING THREAD[/link]
Old 01-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Kensaku

[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-24-2005, 12:45 AM
GMdrifter

the point of drifting is not to make the cars faster. If it was then how would plastic tires help performance. Drifting is all about style and flash. Who has has the most skills and who looks the best doing it.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 AM
dougi3000
My Feedback: (4)

but if you do a "Real RC" "drift" you should be able to out accellerate out of the turns faster than a regular turn. Drifting isn't about how long you can slide everywhere, it is about doing it so you can get the advantage. (or is it? :P)
Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 AM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: GMdrifter

the point of drifting is not to make the cars faster. If it was then how would plastic tires help performance. Drifting is all about style and flash. Who has has the most skills and who looks the best doing it.
Not totally true, I have noticed a growing trend in the speed of drifting among D1 and other drifting events. Especially twinning/tandem drifting when the leader gives the follower a run for his money. Wasn't the entire trend behind initial d speed? Whoever gets up or down the mountain pass first wins. Then again initial d must be the fast and the furious of drifting, no? I feel lame if it is because that's what got me interested!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:03 AM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: dougi3000

but if you do a "Real RC" "drift" you should be able to out accellerate out of the turns faster than a regular turn. Drifting isn't about how long you can slide everywhere, it is about doing it so you can get the advantage. (or is it? :P)
I'm with you there, but it seems everyone likes to see electric cars doing what i call 'cartoon drifts' that are seamless for the entire lap around the track. I was doing 'cartoon drifts' today for an entire tank of gas and got tired of it after a while, I like building up speed before the next drift and letting the car do a nice slide then repeating.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:36 PM
EVOLUTIONGSR8

all the guys here are right ......drift is all about ur style not speed!!!!but i still do drag one in a while(i got TG10R)
but yeah.....drifting is the best...pluse have you ever watch those real car like silvia drift????those are awesome too but now i am only 14 JPN part thai kid that cant drive so i got to wait.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:43 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: EVOLUTIONGSR8

all the guys here are right ......drift is all about ur style not speed!!!!but i still do drag one in a while(i got TG10R)
but yeah.....drifting is the best...pluse have you ever watch those real car like silvia drift????those are awesome too but now i am only 14 JPN part thai kid that cant drive so i got to wait.
Then twin battle drift in D1 isn't really drifting? Don't get me wrong but drifting is a match between style and speed, having both makes a better drift I.M.O. because a super slow drift is simple in a car with alot of horsepower ( see my post about the truck drifting, they just nail the throttle and have a drift ), while highspeed drifting takes more skill to control and predict.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:41 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Oh lord, you said Initial D is drifting . Initial D is NOT drifting, its racing (touge, actually). Its also a cartoon. There is some drifitng in initial D, but thats theoretically for the same reason as drifting in rally racing (scandanavian flick). In any case, you shouldn't believe everything you see in cartoons.

I put a post up about this last summer, but I'll explain it again briefly. Competitive drifting is judged essentially on 4 things: Angle, speed, line, and overall impact.

Angle: how early you initiate and how sideways you get the car

Speed: How fast your turn entry is

Line: How good your line is (you must follow a racing line, usually out-in-out)

Overall Impact: How your car looks. This is where big useless wings come into play, fancy lighting, showcar paint, etc. Tire smoke also falls into this category.

Tandem drifting is judged by the same criteria, but also by how close together the cars are, and how well synchronised.

Tsuiso is the battle drift. In Tsuiso the following car is on the offensive. The idea, if you are following, is to pressure your opponent, take away his line, or disrupt his drift in some other way (without contact). The defensive leading driver must protect his line and try to trick the following driver into chasing after him and making a mistake. Each driver gets to lead once, and follow once.

There is a lot of confusion about Tsuiso, because people see someone pass and win and think "oh, its about who gets there first, so its racing" which isn't true. Its about pressuring the other guy into making a mistake. If you were able to pass him, its because his line went too wide or he lost too much speed, so you get the advantage, but you don't have to pass to make that point either. The idea is not really to get to the end first, its to make the other guy screw up.

Also, if you think taking one turn at high speed is harder than drifting a continuous CLEAN line around a road course then you have clearly never drifted a real course. High speed drift is hard because it takes guts (not the word I wanted to use there) to do it. Thats not the case with r/c. With r/c you can just throw the car around at whatever speed you like. If you happen to hit something, you fix whatever broke, and your maximum repair cost is under $1000. So r/c drifting doesn't take any huevos, its all about skill and style. Try setting up a road course with chalk, or better yet try drifting your local on-road track.

As far as accelerating out of the turns, let me make this clear: Drifting is slower than grip. In basically any case where you have a clean asphalt course, a proper racing line and good driving will beat drifting thru the turns. There are a handful of exceptions to this (super tight hairpins, like those found in rally and loose surface racing like rally and baja) but not many. If you think you are going to drift thru a turn faster, try racing a local racer and see what happens.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:09 PM
cssdev

[sm=thumbup.gif] Nice.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:10 PM
RC Havoc
My Feedback: (-1)

That video was really good. Mad props to whoever created that video. The scense were right on key with the music...
Old 01-27-2005, 01:44 AM
WhiskyVR-4

Yeah, those guys do an excellent job with their vids
Old 01-28-2005, 11:22 PM
wakefreak09

those r really sick vids man
Old 11-13-2006, 03:43 AM
justin castillo

the point off drifting is to have fun without speed
Old 11-13-2006, 04:06 AM
Auslide
Banned

Drifting is all about how you slide Your Ride..

Dont go getting too technical or you will spoil the fun..

In RC Drifting there are Two Types with Many Seperate Categories..

Drift Racing, Using Drift as Stated Before to gain advantage through a Corner ( Not what we actually do here )

And what we do , do

Show Drift : How Far you can get the Taiil out and for as long as possible..
Speed it not a factor in Show Drift..

Consider Tandem or Twin Drift as Choreographed Show Drift, Road Ballet in a sence.. Synchronised Drifting..
It Is all about How the Car looks and How the car Slides..

SG Drifter Movies and the Like are Basically Show Drifts, How cool the Cars look while drifting..

Show Drift Takes an Aweful lot of Skill, Precise car control and timing is needed..

From Here You can go into a Show Drift Race, Which is Judged on Angle and Distance and how you connect drifts

I could go on but I wont..

Wether You Race Drift or Show Drift... Who Cares as long as You enjoy it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.