Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

change to dirt?

Old 04-13-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change to dirt?

hey,
i have a tl-01 and i was wondering if its possible to convert it to an off road? i thought buying offroad tires and rapping up the electics with like glad rap or something to keep moisture and dust out? can it be done and hows my question?

thx rc driftness!
Old 04-13-2005, 07:33 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: change to dirt?

k. u could. get the perreli tires from Hpi. U dont have to wrap up ur electromics. SEAL UR TRANS AND SPUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i made that mistake and.....[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 04-13-2005, 07:48 PM

I hate to point out the obvious, but here it goes. Not drift related, belongs in another sub-forum. OK, back to the topic at hand since I put off-topic crap here too. Some settings to consider would be adjust for maximum ride height and using a lighter shock oil in the 15-20 range to help soak up those bumps you'll be encountering. The HPI tires will do the job just fine for traction. Your electronics don't have to be sealed unless you're planning on doing some mud or wet dirt action. Check out the off road forums for plenty of information on how those guys' set up for rain, sleet, hail and snow. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:01 PM

i dont see what the issue is, you can drift off road cant you. after all thats where it originated. there are several off road vehicles based off the tl-01 platform. one is the gravel hound i believe. just get a set of those control arms and dog bones and you should be set.