Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

First Drift

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:21 PM
TunedFlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Drift

You know I haven't been this excited since I drove my first RC nitro car, my friends Yokomo GT-4. My CD3 was already a little squirrelly on heavy throttle with my current setup and I'm already a drift nut so I put some masking tape on my foams and started up on my garage which is tiled and a little dusty. I pulled off a sick drift which was pretty good for my first. I started to get worried when I checked my temp it wasn't extremely hot but a little on the over warm side. Can anyone tell me a general temperature range that the car should be running in and should the engine be running any richer to compensate for the lack of airflow?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: First Drift

all i can say is make it richer, might making it slower, but it will keep your engine alive longer. or you could get a bigger airfilter and a nice industrial size fan. just set that up and blow air on it ...it is in your garage right?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:57 AM
ROYjovero
Banned

Once you get your engine tuned, enrich the fuel mixture by 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. You'll have a little more to clean up, but the extra fuel will keep things on the cool side. Also, don't worry about speed since drift cars, nitro or electric, can only go so fast.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 PM
driftdriftdrift
My Feedback: (1)

and do not under any circumstances run your throttle wide open while drifting. you'll murder your engine. feather the throttle.