Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

New to the whole scene...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the whole scene...

With the holidays coming up I'd like to start something new and Drifting (real) cars has always been an interest why not pick up an R/C Drifting?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJHZ7&P=0
It's RTR, and it's got the TT-01 chassis which seems to be the most popular(from all that I've read). My main questions right now are:
1. Are all TT-01's designed the same/will this particular one be able to drift?
2. If not, what parts would I need?
3. Is the engine "powerful" enough, I was hoping for something that could also be used to go "fast"(or are the faster cars gas powered?)
4. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBGE0&P=0 Will that BMW M3 body(from HPI) fit on the TT-01 chasis without needing to do much else?

I'm full of questions so bare with me. [&:]
Old 11-08-2005, 03:55 PM

Default RE: New to the whole scene...

Use the search function, this information has been covered over and over and over again.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:42 PM

Instead of boosting up your post count, you could've helped me in finding what I need to read. Next time before replying on any forum for something that's already been brought up, why don't you post something informative and worthwhile?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:01 PM

first of all chill, all of these questions have been circulating around numerous times, but id love to help ya out...

First of all the tt-01 is gonna be the same chassis as any other tt-01 chassis unless it says so, for example, the tt-01R chassis, which has upgrades included with the kit. The only difference is going to tbe the body that u choose and since ur getting a rtr its going to come with everything assembled.

Second of all, no tt-01 is going to be made ready to drift right out of the box (or at least any good at drifting)... read my thread on the settings to use for drifting, and also consider making some abs or pvc tires, so you can drift farther and better.

Okay, the debate whether gas is faster than electric is an ongoing question, and cannot be easily answered. The motor that comes with that car is powerfull enough to drift, but isnt going to go as fast as something with less turns, ex. 17 motor..Also look around, go to a local hobby shop and ask people what they are using, it depends what kind of area u are going to drift in, maybe u dont want that fast of a motor...

Finally, that hpi body is not going to arrive looking like that, it is going to be a clear plastic body which u have to paint and then trim and apply stickers, etc... I would get a 190 mm body for ur tt-01, but dont quote me on that, just see what ur width is on the tt-01 is, and get a body according to that.

If u have any more question just ask, i would be pleased to answer, i am not one of the most knowledgable guys hear, but i like to help out, peace man.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 PM

Yeah well, i dont like typing the same thing over and over again, when all they would have to do is type in a few words in the search box. Or even easier, there are so many threads on this, that the person who started this thread could have learned form the other newbs who post new threads on the same stuff every week. There are so many infact, that he could have just scolled down through the recent threads and found one to answer his questions. Or heaven forbid he could have read the FAQ sticky on drifting.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:17 PM

Thanks coolkid. I'll buy the Subaru and just go from there after seeing what to do.

mikewoodkozar: I've read every post for 5 pages on this particular sub-forum.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 PM

very true, but if him getting into drifting rc cars means me telling him info about it, why not help him out? Its alright, one more person into the hobby is only gonna make it spread faster...
Old 11-08-2005, 06:20 PM

hey no problem man.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:27 PM

Whatever, its not hard to read.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:30 PM

I just looked in the recent threads and found all the info you would need in less than a minute.