Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

drifting the r40

Old 11-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drifting the r40

So I was wondering if anyone was drifting a hpi r40? Im stuck between building an r40 or buy a rs4 3 evo rtr + stage D. Im leaning toward the r40 because its a kit that I can build, and I love building.... I heard that the r40 weight balance is the same as the rs4 with stage d, So i wouldent see a difference in the two drifting wise becuase i coule just buy the drift tires..? correct.. also does the stage have some type of locked diff? What do you guys think about drifting the r40... is t a good idea please help...
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: drifting the r40

idk but im a guy who doesnt like to build but the stage d does come with special drift tires and is set up for drifting. the r 40 you dont need a strong engine to drift. and a crappy engine would be weird in it. i would choose the rtr evo stage d. a new car+ kit is around 410 i can find or ebay has used stage d cars for about 250-300

i dont see why you cant drift it but i wouldnt. its more of a fast bashin car.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: drifting the r40

yeah i see the r40 more of a "race breed" car than a basher or drifter. just my opinion