Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

New Racer

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Racer

I just got a Yokomo Drift package, and I bought a Novak GTB speed controller with Novak Velociti 6.5R brushless motor. Not knowing much about rc drifting, does this sound suitable?

Thanks!
Leo
Old 12-28-2005, 10:15 AM

Default RE: New Racer

Here's a couple pics

The red & yellow rims are on the way out, but they came with the kit for now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68977.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	376799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68361.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	376800  
Old 12-28-2005, 11:17 AM

The car looks great, but im not positive how its going to perform, i would try it out to see how it does. Im saying this becuase of the power of your brushless system, it might actually be too fast for drifting, but then again like i said, im not sure. Good luck, i hope it works.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 PM

dude i hate you! that car is too nice! lol. i run a TC3 with a Novak ss5800 brushless system and a Spektrum DX3 Transmiter. i love your car. i want a yokomo but i nexer have the dough . well sweet car and enjoy it!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:30 PM

Yes, thats what I was wondering about. I see all these people saying they use like 17t + motors to drift, and I bought a 6.5t.. lol

Well I could always put rubber on and drag race!! [sm=surprised.gif]
Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 PM

Yea I didnt want to buy some chincy kit, and I'm new so I had to do a little research. Thanks for the compliments! Not bad for my first build, eh?

Old 12-28-2005, 08:50 PM

the yokomo kits are good arent they? good instructions. just made the rx7 street version of it myself. pics here: http://photobucket.com/albums/b76/goaferboy/rc%20car/
Old 12-28-2005, 10:11 PM

yeah ur car is fricken sweet, if your gonna try drifting it, then i would suggest to try abs over pvc tires, ive heard they have a little more grip, that things gonna fly, haha.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Goaferboy

the yokomo kits are good arent they? good instructions. just made the rx7 street version of it myself. pics here: http://photobucket.com/albums/b76/goaferboy/rc%20car/
Yea man! Everything fit like it's supposed to, everything is made nicely. The instructions were right on. They give you a lot of option pieces too, thats great. Top quality, worth the extra money.

Very nice RX7 you got there, too!!
Old 12-31-2005, 07:11 AM

is the chrome paint on your rims starting to flake off? mine seems to be although i may have pranged it on something.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Goaferboy

is the chrome paint on your rims starting to flake off? mine seems to be although i may have pranged it on something.
Yea I found the yellow and red paint on the rims chips off with the greatest of ease.. [X(]
Old 01-01-2006, 12:25 AM

get gp3300's, those piranha 1500's will give you about 5 minutes or so of runtime, the brushless needs alot of power, and those batteries wont be able to supply it. with those batteries, chacnes are your car will have wierd performance.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:38 AM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: sl4ppinb4ss3r

get gp3300's, those piranha 1500's will give you about 5 minutes or so of runtime, the brushless needs alot of power, and those batteries wont be able to supply it. with those batteries, chacnes are your car will have wierd performance.
I agree 100%. If you spent that much money on electronics why are you running like $10 batteries? The batteries power the vehicle man. With all novak brushless motors, the better the batteries you use, the better the performance. With that motor, I really want to see a video of you drifting with it! Im not doubintg your skills or anything its just that I drifted some with my SS4300 on 7-cells and I thought that was going mightly fast compared to most of the videos I have seen where they cant be going much faster than 20 and Im going more than 30. For my t-spec I just wrapped the stock tires with electrical tape because they were basically done anyway, those things wear quickly just for a heads up to anybody looking at getting a t-spec or some t-spec tires.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:15 PM

Yea I had no idea at the time, this is my first car. It's a Piranha 1900 and it lasts about 8 minutes. But I already got 2 new SMC 3600's. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJZD1&P=ML Not a bad price, either.

Thanks for the tips! [8D]
Old 01-01-2006, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: capone12

I agree 100%. If you spent that much money on electronics why are you running like $10 batteries? The batteries power the vehicle man. With all novak brushless motors, the better the batteries you use, the better the performance. With that motor, I really want to see a video of you drifting with it! Im not doubintg your skills or anything its just that I drifted some with my SS4300 on 7-cells and I thought that was going mightly fast compared to most of the videos I have seen where they cant be going much faster than 20 and Im going more than 30. For my t-spec I just wrapped the stock tires with electrical tape because they were basically done anyway, those things wear quickly just for a heads up to anybody looking at getting a t-spec or some t-spec tires.
Unfortunately, as good as the Novak GTB controller is, it only supports 6 cell batteries. I'll live with that considering the options the controller gives me.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: LeoJr

Yea I had no idea at the time, this is my first car. It's a Piranha 1900 and it lasts about 8 minutes. But I already got 2 new SMC 3600's. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJZD1&P=ML Not a bad price, either.

Thanks for the tips! [8D]
Good stuff, your going to have alot more fun now. you can also get batteries here

www.boomboombatteries.com or PM Elmo6s he owns the company, hes here on rcu