Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

*new to frum*question about TT-01D

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

*new to frum*question about TT-01D

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:19 PM
the_touge666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *new to frum*question about TT-01D

hey guys and gals, i just wanted to introduce myself, im jason from ontario. im new the the forum, and new to the rc world in general, though iv often been interested in it for quit sometime, oh and im 17. anyways....lol i am very interested in drifting in general, ans have wanted tog et into rc drifting since 2003, when i stumpled across this forum, but did not have the means to affort such a car. i was looking at the TT-01D on the net, and just wondering, for the amount of money saved, would i be better off to purchase the TT-01D with the ball bearing and oil /adjustable shock rather then buying a TT-01 and putting on all the necessary hop ups. also what kinda price *Canadian* can i expect to pay for the kit. and what is included, because iv seen several ones with descriptions containing esc and such. im also wondering if the esc that is prescribed with the kit, would be able to handle a 19T venom fireball motor. and also, if the motor is also supplied with the kit, how many turns is it. and what exactly does turns mean, ??acceleration to torque? and if so could somone break it down in laymens terms lol. i was also pondering if this esc, that could be included with teh model which i believe is theTEU-101BK is this compatable with a futaba 2 channel2PH? know i know this is alot to ask from someone, but if you guys could really help me outs i would appreciate that, although im sure theres something on here that most likely answers all my questions about>
Old 07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Rc_drifter36

Default RE: *new to frum*question about TT-01D

i just purchased a tt-01 drift spec, and everyone says it is a very nice starter car... i grabbed mine off www.towerhobbies.com for 134.99
all i need to do now is add a radio servo and battery and im set..like i said above i have heard nothing but GOOD reviews about it
Old 07-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Auslide
Banned

Stock ESC will handle down to a 23T..

You would neeed a new ESC to Handle the Venom..
Old 07-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Spartan-Drifter
Banned

Theres more tt-01 details beyond page 1. Look through you might find what youre lookin for.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:30 PM
the_touge666

ok thanks boys............. ya i have another esc its a proboat waterproof one from horizion hobbies , and im just not sure, if i should use a "boat" esc in a car. or is it just considered a "proboat" becasue its waterproof in design? in that case. i have most everythign i need othere then a good charger and batteries. is there any chargers out there that will charge multiple packs, say two, simultaniously, anywhere from 2 to 6 amp peak charging? becuase i plan on getting 5 or six venom 3300 stick packs. and dont really wanna mess around, yet i still want to keep the price down on the charging unit. give me a general LHS rpice rather then an internet source which has yet to include the duty taxes and such. thanks again guys.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:31 PM
celica_racer09

hi,
i placed my order for the tt-01d a few days ago and should be coming this wednesday.
well, im new to this r/c hobbie. i know nothin, seriously.
I was reading that a must need is an aluminum drive shaft. do anyone know if it comes with the tt-01d.
also wat is a good " controller", charger, and batteries to purchase?

thank you[8D]
Old 07-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Auslide
Banned

Nope TT-01D will Still need an Aluminum "Alloy" Prop Shaft.
What the TT-01 D Does come with over the Stock TT-01 is

* Full Ball Bearing Kit
* Oil Filled Shocks
* Adjustable Camber
* Drift Tyres
* Sports Tuned Motor

The Only Real Essential Parts for a TT-01 is the Ball Bearing kit and a Alloy Prop Shaft, the Rest is Nice, but not essential.
The TT-01D is a Very nice Drift Package
Old 07-09-2006, 12:04 PM
the_touge666

ok. well i figured it is a good package, adn is gonna save me money in the llong run rather then upgrading a TT-01 chassis, just to get it to the specs of the D version. ill invest in the TT-01D and upgrde to the aluminum shaft before i run it, then................ill be set for a while. with the standard sport motor included in the kit, can you dissasemble it to replace the brushes? or is it a throw aaway kinda thing when they get worn.