Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

im hooked...

Old 01-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im hooked...

yea so i've been hearing all the hype about rc drifting and decided to try it for myself... but i am mostly an off road racer as i have a ofna hyper 7 pro and a hpi savage .25... i decided to try and get the hyper 7 to drift, so i took a pair of worn out old tires and rims and stripped the tires off of them and put pvc pipe on them, put on hard shock springs, adjust the shock mounting position, and make the low speed needle a little leaner so that i would get the extra torque... IT WORKED!!! i am hooked to rc drifting now and i love the high rpm slides and how i have to concentrate so much more on my throttle and steering... i am saving up for a new 1/10 scale car so that i can drift that... cant wait until i can get it.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 PM

Default RE: im hooked...

Great job. Thing is, pipe tyres will make your motor over-rev. You may damage the engine. Get a buggy/on road wheel conversion set and HPI drift tyres and save your engine
Old 01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Or Go Electric and Eliminate the Problem all together..
Old 01-29-2007, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: wst50

Great job. Thing is, pipe tyres will make your motor over-rev. You may damage the engine. Get a buggy/on road wheel conversion set and HPI drift tyres and save your engine
i thought about this and ran the motor's high end needle a little richer but to keep the low end torque i leaned out the low speed needle a little bit, maybe like an 8th of a turn...

i also noticed that the hyper 21 engine that i have in it (which is almost gone anyway, i should be getting a new motor soon...), had more than enough power to turn the wheels with not even a quarter of the throttle... so i think that i am just gonna make the low speed needle richer an 8th of a turn and just run the high speed needle a little rich just to be on the safe side. the thing ran great and i kept on using my temp guage like every 2 minutes or so just to make sure the motor wasn't running at a rediculous temp. and the motor was running at about 200 degrees the whole time...

SWEET im takin my drift buggy out for a spin tomorrow!!!

o yea and i could never go electric i love everything when it comes to nitro... (except the drive to the hobby shop to get more fuel haha)
Old 01-29-2007, 11:38 PM

Woo hooooooooo@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another member of the drift community!!!!!!!!!!