Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

New to drifting

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:06 PM
sloshedmr_bones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to drifting

Ok I am new to drifting in the rc world. I have an xxx-s on the way and i wanna know what hop-ups are out there? I have a t-maxx and i would like to match the colors to my t-maxx. Its purple and neon yellow and i would like a purple chassis , neon springs, purple shocks, and whatever else i can do. I plan on changing the motor as well and the car is electric and i wanna know what i can go to without changing esc's just yet. I would like a motor that i could get used to drifting then upgrade to more power and then i will start pushing it to its limits. I would appreciate any tips on drifting, any tips for electrics in general. I am sort of new to electrics. I have owned the cheap electrics but nothing like this so I am sure i will be asking a lot of questions about whats compatible and questions such as that. Thanx in advance Bones.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
UNITED RC

Default RE: New to drifting

If the XXX-s is an RTR, why not just start with that? Learn how to drift and then start pimpin' out the car with your hop ups.

I dont think there is really anything you will need to add the car (if it is an RTR) to drift, except drift tires or ABS tires.

So...is the XXX-s car an RTR

URC
Old 02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
sloshedmr_bones

Default RE: New to drifting

no the car is rtr. I am not sure what to expect from it so i have no idea about the motor and what not. Do you have any ideas for hop-ups so i can start planning for those in the furture. thanx Bones