Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

HPI E10

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:03 AM
magnat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI E10

Yes...

I have a HPI E10..

Its a new Chassis from HPI, its no where near as good as a Sprint 2 but does steal the drift Thunder from the TT-01..

Initially, the Car did have a problem with the front propshaft bearing popping out under load. HPI sent out a Gear update and it has fixed the issue..

Here is a Vid of it..

I have the R32 Touring E10, which can be changed to the Drift Mode via the parts they supplied but as you will see in this Vid, its not necessary and it does Slide real good on a Set of Polypipe Tyres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZ6PbuNYz8

Its got great Acceleration from the Saturn 27T Motor and I would have to say that it appears to be slower then a Stock TT-01 but without having a Stock TT01 to compare it to, its a little hard to tell..

It Does come with Alloy Diffs... Something the TT01 doesnt have !

More to come Soon.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:31 PM
fl0PPsy

Default RE: HPI E10

Hang on, In your vid you mention stock rubbers. I thought the E10 came with the HPI Drift-T tires? The ones in the store over here in WA did.

Or did you get one of the normal E10's and not one of the 2 drift models which are the same price anyway?

Also what was the motor position in that video? front or back mounted?

I'd be keen to see a vid of you drifting with it on an actual track that involves some left to right or vice versa transitions to see how well balanced it is .. just doing drifty donuts doesnt show anything.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:10 PM
magnat

Yeah I got the Touring, I wanted the R32 Shell and it only comes on the Touring.

I can convert it to the drift version but I dont get the Drift rubbers only the H Pattern Radials..

The Motor in the Touring is mounted in the same manor as a TT-01, So when I get around to doing a TT-01 VS E10 comparo it will be alot more fair to see who comes out on top if the Chassis are in the same layout

The Drift Version in some Stores is around $10-$20 Dearer then the touring as the Drift version gets the Drift Rubbers and a rather cool decalled shell where as the Touring gets a single color Shell..

There are no tracks in my Area... and it was on my Driveway.. which is narrow.. Not alot of Room to move...
When I get the chance to do the Comparo it will be done where the Cars can truely be pushed to their Limits..
Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 AM
fl0PPsy

Ah ok.

Well I look forward to your comparison. Also look forward top hearing how much different the front motor orientation feels from the rear.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:21 PM
magnat

This Car is Flawed... Badly.

The Motor mount is Awkward to use.. Its a Simple Plastic Clip that Screws onto the Motor and is Held in position by a Clamp..

Stock Gearing is 22T with a Fixed 65T Spur.... and with a Saturn 27T Motor , it has Monstorous Torque but only about 20kph top speed so it is more Drifter orientated then a Street racer..
I have upped the Gearing to 28T/65T and I am Hoping to get a little more top end out of it yet still keep the Torque good enough..

I Changed to the Drift Layout and it Got way more tail happy !
It would hold the Drifting line for as long as you kept the Power on and the Transitions from left to right were well balanced (this was with Polypipe tyres) with a Hint of Front end turn in..

So I have converted back to the Touring layout and even in this layout, it still slides unbelievably well for a Stock Plastic Car...

It is no where near as user friendly as the TT-01, Yet all you need to assemble and Dissassemble the E10 is a Phillips Head Screw driver (and of course a Hex to change the Pinion) so you dont need an advanced tool kit to have fun with it...

The Drive line is very well protected so it will suite Rallying or Rough street racing but the stock suspension bounces around a little too much for my liking..

If HPI make a Metal motor mount set like Tamiya Did for the TT-01, the E10 would be a worthy competitor...

The E10 has the ability to accept from 20T pinions up to 35T.. So it has a tad more Flexible Gearing then the TT-01..
Propshafts are more Durable and dont flex as much as the TT-01 so Even though an Alloy upgrade would be nice, it isnt as essential as it is for the TT-01..

Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 AM
magnat

HOLY (Insert favourite Word here)

I just spent 1.5 hours doing the Drift Layout conversion on my Touring E10..

All I can Say is.... "YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAA"!

The Car is sooo easy to kick the tail out!!!

Vid will come as soon as I can get time!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:17 AM
fl0PPsy

Have you ever driven a TA03F ? would be curious how the front motor mounting on the E10 compares.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 AM
benisjamin

i thot the e 10 was only available in thailand hmm

well its been here for a long time it seems becuase i went to a local track and alot of ppl have em and with alot of ups : p
Old 07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Krashu

What price is this guys? I can't find it on any sites.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
magnat

Australia was the 2nd Country to get the E10, we're sort of the trial ground for it.
America Should get it next followed by the rest of the World..

We have discovered a Few minor problems which are being reported back to HPI so they can address the issues before releasing it globally..

Like any new chassis, there are bound to be teething troubles... which HPI are addressing..

I really hope they make an alloy propshaft upgrade and an Alloy motor mount as these are the Few issues that hold it back from being a great chassis.
They are making a few Bling upgrades like alloy shock holders and Threaded shocks but these wont really address the issues they need to fix..
Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
nickrage

Just ordered a couple hope the problems have been rectified. Is the chassi able to accept after market parts (if any) to address these problems. Hope there okay..

we have the nitro rs4 3's and love them we just wanted something to kick around the cul-de sac and garages...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Aries326

Check out these pages: http://www.hpieurope.com/news.php?lang=tu&page=2&type=

On this particular page you will fine the E10 sway bar set. There are other available upgrades. You'll have to search the other pages.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:05 PM
DirtBonez

Are the wheels on the E10 just held on by a screw threaded into a plastic shaft? I would want to see aftermarket parts to swap that out for the usual locknut setup on most R/C cars before I considered getting one.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 PM
KrayzBIGmac

I kinda like the screw better, makes the wheels look cleaner.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:30 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it was a hex id be fine with it buts its a phillips screw
Old 10-26-2007, 05:26 PM
psychorevo

Great report. Thanks for the update!!

I have enough drift cars but if I needed a budget drifter, I would consider this.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM
magnat

I shoved a TZ into the E10... Oh dear..

The Prop shaft slaps around and you can audible hear it slapping the chassis..
The Car is good as a street racer but it intermittently looses drive to the front wheels.. the stock propshaft has too much backwards movement and with the TZ.. wobbles backwards and forwards.. so drifting becomes some what of a pain..
The Steering isn't as accurate as a TT-01 when it comes to track work at high speed but it doesnt suffer torque steer as bad as a TT-01..

and it makes the most Aweful racket... like a coffee grinder as the motor mount is just not up to the job of getting proper mesh... if you leave it stock and dont mess with it, you should be fine...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Aries326

I think the average new guy completely new to the rc drift hobby probably has a phillips screwdriver at home but not hexes. It'll be easier for the new guy to mess with the car if entry level cars came with regular screws.

For the E10 to be able to handle more powerful motors, it'll need some hop-ups to the drive train. I would just stick with it in its stock form. It drifts great out of the box.

If you're looking to do major hop-ups to a chassis, don't get the E10. You're better off going into a more advanced chassis right off the bat. Hop-ups can burn a huge hole in your wallet. The E10 is made for out of the box rc drifting fun and then if you really want to stick with this hobby then upgrade to a better chassis.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 AM
racenut18

as per the Action hobbies here in the Philippines, E10 is bash and trash. Meaning it cant be modified and doesnt even have spare parts..
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Aries326

ORIGINAL: racenut18

as per the Action hobbies here in the Philippines, E10 is bash and trash. Meaning it cant be modified and doesnt even have spare parts..

Not true. I already posted the link above that has the E10 hop ups already available in Europe. The manual even has all the parts labeled with part numbers. You're not going to label them with part numbers unless you had plans of making the parts available. The E10 has only been out a few months. Let's wait and see where this thing goes and how available the parts will be.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 AM
magnat

The E10 fits nicely between the Tyco Drift king and the TT-01..

The E10 does Slide and slides wonderfully but unless HPI release an Alloy Propshaft, An Alloy motor mount and alot of Alloy upgrades it will never be a competitive chassis..

I mean the TZ in the E10 is great... in a straight line... turn a corner and the front bevel gear loses contact with the front diff and then it makes a nasty coffee grinder noise.. the Motor mount is not accurate enough to allow perfect mesh, so Pinions do wear fast...

As an out of the Box Drifter, as long as you dont Mod it.. you cant go wrong..

There is no way it is going to come close to a Sprint 2 let alone a TA-0 anything..

It would be a Brilliant car IF ONLY THEY RELEASED AN ALLOY PROPELLOR SHAFT KIT>

HPI TAKE THE HINT AND MAKE ONE!!!!!

Whilst it does have a fixed 65T Spur... It can accept pinions from 20T up to 32T I think.(cant be bothered to go look) so the Gearing aspects are good..
Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
DriftProjectR

ORIGINAL: magnat

The Steering isn't as accurate as a TT-01 when it comes to track work at high speed but it doesnt suffer torque steer as bad as a TT-01..
the tto1 steering isn't very accurate either.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:47 PM
PatrickR

Hey a bit off the topis but can you fit any 190mm-200mm body onto a TT-01D???
Old 12-13-2007, 12:53 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you can. if the car is 200mm a 190mm will fit but your wheels will stick out and it will look funny. if you put a 200mm body on a 190mm chassis then you will have to get wheels with at least a 3+ offset
Old 07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
bizzle420

hot racing has some aluminum parts for the e10. they have an alloy motor mount most of you shouldnt mind but it can only be used for the drift setup(motor up front) I am useing it for rally and would prefer the weight in the rear for jumps but ill have to live with it being front heavy...for now. they also have shock towers that can use regular shocks not the stock type. but you can just cut the ball/spring mount from the stock shocks, drill a hole and you got your E10 ball mount on good shocks FREE!! HPi has released an alloy propshaft aswell!

although the drivetrain is "sealed" i still get sand and the random small pebble in there and trash the gears. When the replacements get in ill try adding some marine grease around the pinion opening to try and seal 'er up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.