Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Starter drift car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:44 PM
cubfan09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter drift car?

I was wondreing what would be a good starting drift car, I know hot to drift and all that but i have no clue about rc cars and motors

I was looking at a HPI Micro RS4 ready for drifting

What would be a good choice, i want something thats not too expensive but stays together and works good

Also, i want something thats already put together or extremely easy to put together
Old 08-07-2007, 03:22 AM
d.k.v

Default RE: Starter drift car?

i think u shoud get a tt-01d there good
Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 AM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stick with hpi and just get a hpi sprint2 or the drift version. they drift really well. if you get the sprint2 just add drift tires or pvc/abs tires
Old 08-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Hammerhead808

Well, the Micro RS4 is 1/18 scale. Do you want something that small? I would suggest getting a 1/10 scale car if you want to drift outdoors. Right now I can only think of 2 Drift specific RTR's That are already built (Hpi sprint 2 Drift and the Losi drift)
HPI Sprint 2 Drift (allyou need are batteries and and a battery charger:
[link=http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2544817-10117481?url=http://hobbytron.com/ElectricRCCarHPI754.html]http://hobbytron.com/ElectricRCCarHPI754.html[/link]
[link=http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2544817-10117481?url=http://hobbytron.com/ElectricRCCarHPI750.html]http://hobbytron.com/ElectricRCCarHPI750.html[/link]

If you don't mind building one, an inexpensive kit is the Tamiya TT-01...but you'll have to get radio equipment, servo, batteries, and a charger with it.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:39 AM
acb36854

hey can someone go to at uncleronnies.com and tell me what they think about the mustang for drift? thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 12:49 PM
DANDthekid

I'd go with these cars:
Sprint 2 RTR
Sprint 2 DRIFT
Tamiya TT-01d
TC4
TC3
Cyclone

The mirco drift is small so it is suitable for indoor drifting, but there will be times when you want to drift it outside, BUT if you do some of the most tiny obstacles will destroy it. My friend has one and he drove it outside, and flipped and ripped the wires to the motor off. So if you want a Micro be my guest! But there are advantages and disadvantages.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:00 PM
studysession

Try this:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKSG4&P=ML
Old 08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
acb36854

so nobody thinks that is a good car?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:57 PM
DANDthekid

I think it is a good car, I want to get one but as I said above, they have cons and pros.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 PM
acb36854

so that is a bigger car?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:19 PM
studysession

I have a TT-01 and like it a lot. That's why I posted a link to one. Very durable and parts are easily obtained either online or via LHS.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:03 PM
DANDthekid

I have a Sprint 2, and the belt is so worn down as soon as I started drifting...
Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
dalemilam58

Sorry to inturrupt thread but i have a tt-01 and it is almost bone stock... I have 6 3000MAh "venom" bat. but i also have 3 cars all the same me my bro and dad's. They all have bearings thats about it... Anyways here is the ?'s I am putting new mods in them i am looking to buy Yeah Racing Alloy 50mm damper set i have a ? though I have 2 type 50mm suspension what is better 50mm or bigger?? and is this good for drifitng? Also i am getting a motor it is a rz superstock 23t. Also I shouldnt have to get a new ESC for this motor right? Then a alloy driveshaft. But on the drive shaft do u have to get a alloy center joint cup??? Also with that motor should i get a heatsink? Then from there i am getting with a alloy battery hold. I think that is about it for now... I have been drifting for over a year and decided to step it up. But is this a good step up??? Also i am wanting to rally alittle nothing to serious just some small jumps and a little dirt but mostly into drifitng.

Thanks alot...
Old 09-04-2007, 06:57 PM
magnat

ORIGINAL: cubfan09

I was wondreing what would be a good starting drift car, I know hot to drift and all that but i have no clue about rc cars and motors

I was looking at a HPI Micro RS4 ready for drifting

What would be a good choice, i want something thats not too expensive but stays together and works good

Also, i want something thats already put together or extremely easy to put together

Whilst Micro Drifting is cool... the outdoors factor is limited..

study has indicated to you that the TT-01 is a great car, and he is correct, it is..
1:10th is a great scale to use for drift, there are more drift comps in this scale then there are for the 1:18th..

I have Drifted the HPI Sprint 2, TT-01, Hotbodies Cyclone S and the HPI E10..

The E10 is still too new for me to recommend to you even though, it is a great drifter it doesnt have the proven background and parts support of the TT-01..
The Sprint 2, even though it is a belt drive, offers superior handling and can last a long time if treated carefully..
The Cyclone S : It is still a Belt drive but has no belt covers for rocks to get jammed on but in saying that, the belts are more exposed to impacts..

So Here is what I would recommend

TT-01 for Reliabilty and Hop up support

HPI Sprint 2 for Handling and Track Drifting

Cyclone S : If you have access to Hot bodies parts it wont steer you wrong..