Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Center Diff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Fr33ze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Diff?

Wouldnt it be benifical to have a center diff? I mean, when you want power transfer differences front to rear, or even brake bias?

I dont know for sure if the full size, 1:1 4WD drift spec cars use the center diff. (That would be a common stock part for an AWD car) A true 4WD doesnt have a center diff by design, this provides even distribution of power to both front and rear axles for maximum traction for off road and probibly low traction situations. So, I figure the center diff wouldnt help much going forward as much as it would help with braking, being able to tune the way you enter and maintain the drift at high speed.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:14 PM
DriftProjectR

Default RE: Center Diff?

a drift car with a center diff would be cool.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Lumpmister

I am not sure that any 1/10 touring cars have a center diff though. You could grab one out of a buggy and make it custom... that would be sick
Old 09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Fr33ze

Thats exactly what I was thinking, Lumpmister. I am thinking of transforming an HPI nitro MT into an electric drifter and see if a center diff from a buggy will fit. Its already modded for an electric motor, so all it needs is a nice set of negative offset rims and a respectable body to top it off. I donno if the MT had an option for a center diff, stock or aftermarket, so I guess Im gonna try and find out. Anyone that knows can save me the time thow

I was considdering modding a 1/8th buggy straight up, but so far I cant find road tires (or abs/pvc that size) for buggy rims around where I live...

Any links for eather the MT center diff or road tires for buggys would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks again.[8D]