Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

TT-01 Locked Diff

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:53 AM
rcluke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT-01 Locked Diff

does a locked diff on a TT-01 help the drift or not?, i know how to lock the diff, i was just wondering how much it helps, if it helps at all, thanks luke
Old 09-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Danju

Default RE: TT-01 Locked Diff

i think its supposed to work..i still have to try that out though.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:25 AM
torsp

When I 1st started a few months ago my first car was a TT01. I ran an open rear diff with ABS and Mabuchi 35T. I did fine with it but it will loop around on you on transitions pretty quickly when still getting your throttle control and counter steering down. After locking the rear diff though that looping tendency was greatly diminished for me. I am now on my 3rd chassis(all different mfctrs.) and all of them work much better with locked rear diffs.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:58 PM
rcluke

thanks guys, i'll give it a try next time i have my TT-01 driftiongg
Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 PM
ben805

I locked BOTH front and rear on all my TT01/TT01D, distributed power evenly to all 4 wheels, well...basically they have full time ALL WHEEL DRIVE, much better traction, way smoother transition, better controller, and able to maintain a super long sweep drifting with authority, I will never drift without ALL WHEEL DRIVE ever again
Old 09-18-2007, 07:00 PM
DirtBonez

I have been playing with diff setups on my TT-01 and so far the best setup is with the rear diff locked solid and modifing the front to get a limited slip effect.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean by limited slip effect? Like locking the diff halfway? I only have my rear diff locked and it works well for now. Do you guys really recommend locking the front?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:08 AM
ben805

ORIGINAL: Captain Nemo12

What do you mean by limited slip effect? Like locking the diff halfway? I only have my rear diff locked and it works well for now. Do you guys really recommend locking the front?

I have tried lots of combination, locking just the rear, locking only the front, unlocking all, and found locking both front and rear the sweetest and work the best for both my TT01 and TT01D. I guess it depends on drifting style and everybody have different preferences, personally I love doing very long sweeper, and always drift at high speed, the extra traction and control I get from all wheel drive help a ton, especially understeer!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 AM
DirtBonez

I was drifting with open front diff and locked solid front diff and you can do it but the limited slip front is fool proof. Your setup is all personal preference tho. I find that setup to be far superior so you should at least give it a try.

I can't remember where I found the mod for the front diff but I will try to get you a picture of my diff tonight. You just need some nitro tubing. Its a very clean install no jamming crap into your diff.