Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

I'm pretty new to rc car

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:21 AM
///Toddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm pretty new to rc car

hey guys, ive owned a TT-01 for about a month now and its actually my first real rc car. ive always wanted a race rc car since i was a little kid. Back then, i used to have so many different rc cars. That stuff you buy from toys r us, wal mart, target, wherever you buy that cheap crappy stuff. Anyway i used to take all the parts out completely and put em back together and it works. ive always been interested and i dont think nothing is going to take it away until maybe one day, im gonna build my own rc race car which ive been planning to do that for a while.

i owned TT-01 and im pretty much mod the crap out of it. Mostly suspensions work.

Mod list-
e30 M3 body
Aluminum Propellor Shaft
Ball Bearing Set
Carbon Upper Frame
Turnbuckle Tie-Rod Set
Adjustable Upper Arm Set
Front and Rear Stablizer Set
Metal Motor Mount
oil-filled shocks
2 pairs of track wheels. And another 2 pair of stock rims with PVC as a tires for drifting.

a lot more mod coming soon! My TT-01 is for racing and drifting.

so now ive been thinking about getting a better and bigger motor.
So my question is- whats the top speed can the TT-01 takes up to? And what motor and what battery do you guys recommended?

one more thing- some of you guys may be interested in cars.

I drive a BMW e36 325is(1993) with an M52b28 motor swapped.
Mod list-

M52b28 motor(1998 328i motor)
M50 Intake Manifold
Cold Air Intake
Bilstein shocks
Performance Chip
Fuel Pressure Regulator
HP Racing Exhuast with an Magnaflow Resinator and no cat converter.
Custom header
a lot more to list.

Costmetic work-
M3 front bumper
M3 mirrors
Euro Liscense Plate
HP Design HP-10 wheels

Jeez i cant go on. theres a lot more.

anyway whats the top speed can the TT01 takes up to? And what motor and what battery do you guys recommened?

If this is an off topic for this drift section, please tell me whats the other section should i look for. so that way ill know. Thanks to everyone.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 AM
TIGER76

Default RE: I'm pretty new to rc car

Hi m8 welcome to the drift forums like the sound of that beemer u got there
as for top speed well ive found anything under 15 turns and it starts to get a bit wild lol
i tried my mates BL in mine a while ago it works out about 10.5 turns and it flew but had no control they become airbourne alot lmao
best setup would be a 15-17 turn motor
Old 09-21-2007, 10:07 AM
///Toddy

hey thanks man, 15 to 17t motor? hmm they sounds good. i never heard of it before except i only heard about 19t and up. im gonna look into it and see what i can find.

So what about the battery? i have 2 battery right now though. Its an Dynasport 1500 Plus and Epic. They both are 1500mAh Ni-Cd. is it okay with it or should i buy a better battery for a high performance motor?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lose the battery, at least get something greater than 3000mAh for a high capacity motor. Also go for the NiMH type or maybe get some LiPos but they are more on the expensive side.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
TIGER76

yeh the motor will get thro that pack quick i think the biggest nicad i have is 2300mah and that lasts about 15-20mins,on my 3600 nimh pack i got 50mins run times driving on a 19t money motor
Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
///Toddy

i just to went Tamiya Hobbie shop today and the owner Morris was telling me that if i go to 15t motor, i have to buy a different speed controller which is more expensive. So i dont feel like spending a lot of money on it dues my bimmer has some issues like its running rich but im gonna figure it out whats wrong with it at my shop.

So anyway, he said if i dont wanna buy the speed controller, he recommended me to buy the Tamiya Super Stock TZ motor and he said its twice more faster than the stock motor. so I brought it and i also brought the Aluminum Heat Sink with the cooling fan to cool off the motor. So i installed it and i took it outside, its much faster than i thought and im satisfied with it for now. lol

So quick question- Im confuse with the different kind of battery. whats the different between LiPos, mah, NiMh? I'm interested in NiMh when Tiger76 said it lasts up to 50 minutes with 19t motor. if i go for NiMh, should i buy different charger? My charger is Dynamite Vision Peak 2.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 PM
///Toddy

ohh i forgot one thing. After i brought the motor, i was asking some few questions about the battery that he would recommend me. He said he recommend this battery.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSFS8&P=ML

so what do you think? its a Venom-Racing 7.2V 5000mAh NiMH Stick Battery Pack. is Venom good?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:32 AM
FireStriker

Its an excellant battery,

but i would go for a IB4200 for costumer support perposes!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 PM
///Toddy

why and how long can they last?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:57 PM
magnat

Well I have Two Intellect 3000mah and with in 2weeks I had Dead cells.. Haven't had a problem with the 4200mah Yet..