Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Decided on this car

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:39 PM
coryw.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decided on this car

I decided on the CEN CT5 to build my ultimate speed and drift car.

A soon as I pick it up I plan on modding it heavily and curious of some suggestions that you all have on performance parts. Also should I keep the 2.5 lightning engine or is there a better one I can put in that will still allow the body to sit nicely? SO I need help on which way to go to make this as fast as possible..Yes I have a smooth surface and lots of space to ride and test it.

Just not sure on which way to go for mods and engine if needed.

Thanks so much everyone,

Cory
Old 04-21-2008, 06:51 PM
magnat

Default RE: Decided on this car

I am not sure this is an achievable dream unless you like High speed Basket ball Court sized Drifts with little hope for Technical?

When it comes to Drifting, Speed is usually a 3rd component, not a Primary..

When Drifting a 1:10th Scale, too much speed will cause the front end of the car to loose grip too quickly and instead of turning, the Front end just continues to go forward..

So, you would need to work out How to Drift the Car Stock, before going on the quest for more speed.. as you may find it will be a great speed machine but an aweful drifter..
Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM
coryw.

Default RE: Decided on this car

That makes complete sense. I guess the question is a set-up and mods that would be suitable and balanced. Any ideas?

Cory