Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Just need some help

Old 05-18-2008, 11:19 PM
ATL-Drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need some help

iight im pretty new to this type of RC stuff so i really dont know so much about it i just need help on like good cars where i can online to find parts and stuff like that and just wonderin can you get sponserd doing this

well thats all
thanks
Chris
Old 05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
xzavin

Default RE: Just need some help

heh yeah you CAN get sponserd doin this but you're not going to unless your good, i would start out with the HPI Sprint 2 Sport DRIFT car OR the yokomo mostly RTR chasis(or kit) you just need a body and wheels. but for a good setup with both you need like 400 bucks, if your going to buy the yokomo go to www.yokomo.com for best prices (30% off if you order over $300.00) so good luck man....
Old 06-02-2008, 05:59 AM
bartman82

ORIGINAL: ATL-Drifter

iight im pretty new to this type of RC stuff so i really dont know so much about it i just need help on like good cars where i can online to find parts and stuff like that and just wonderin can you get sponserd doing this

well thats all
thanks
Chris
im new to driftin i need to know how to lock the front diff
Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 AM
TIGER76

im new to driftin i need to know how to lock the front diff
Depends on which kit you have m8 most just need the diff box opened up and add some blutac,balled paper or if u want it perm locked glue so the diff cant rotate against it self they move the same way ie forwards

eg when one wheel is lifted in a corner the power is moved to the wheel on the ground,as you turn the outside wheel has to stay a higher speed (more rotations) to the inside wheel to stay straight without spinning out etc

locking diffs is great for drifting as both wheels move at the same speed...but it sucks for racing tbh too many spinouts.

most lock the back more than the front it depends mostly on your style and what tyres you run.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:38 AM
TIGER76

PS this video explains how the diffs work perfectly its old as the hills but its so easy to understand and will help with your drifting

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em1zQToa_a8&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em1zQToa_a8&feature=related[/link]